Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Why does everyone think Edward Cullen is abusive and a stalker?

Favorite Answer

I dont believe he is but I can see why some people think that.

He stalks Bella in the first book, following her wherever she goes like when she went to Port Angeles, and when he stays at her house at night and she doesnt know it.

He is more mentally abusive to her I guess. Trying to control her. Especially in the third book when he tells her she cant go to see Jacob.

But I personally think he is a sweet heart, and just cares deeply for her. There is more proof of his love for her than him being a creep and stalking and abusing her.

Uh, lets see...

He drags Bella around, he rarely respects her wishes, he disables her car to stop her from visiting a friend. Edward watches Bella while she sleeps, while she reads and goes shopping with friends. I would have a restraining order against a guy like that in a second!

There are so many more that I if tried to type them all, I would be here until midnight.

Add: This was my face when I read "Its not stalking its love" ----> O_o

Add #2: Yes, Edward is fictional character, but I don't think it's right to brainwash girls into thinking that treatment like that is acceptable.

Well, that's because he is abusive and a stalker. The fangirls are too blind to see it and instead wallow in their shallow fantasy worlds of fictional characters.

Edward is abusive: He dismantles Bella's car so she can't see Jacob, he recruits Alice to kidnap Bella and hold her hostage in the Cullen home, and he secretly gets all of Bella's 18th birthday gifts and stashes them under the floorboards. So tell me that's not abusive/controlling.

Edward is a stalker: Before he hooked up with Bella "Mary Sue" Swan, he was watching her sleep from her window in the dead of night. Creepy, right? I'd file a restraining order.

• Maria

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axA4l

ok twilight lovers you can all kill me now -- EDWARD CULLEN IS A FREAKIN CREEP. he's a manipulative, controlling, obsessive, overreacting, overprotective, boring old boy.

• Lilly

Well, he *is* technically a stalker, there's no denying that no matter how much you love him. He follows Bella everywhere without her knowing.

I don't think he's abusive, per se, but he does need to learn how to let Bella make her own decisions. She's smart enough to know what she wants and why.

I think that he's a little over bearing. But not a stalker. I didn't see him hitting or beating Bella up in the Twilight books did you?

lol i can't even count how many people ask this question ---- the search bar is there for a reason. don't mean to be harsh, but seriously. use it. to be a nice person and answer your question, i personally don't think so. people get the wrong idea based on their morals and events that have happened to them.

Their haters who are fed up with hearing about Twilgiht and seeing 3 or more Twilight-related questions on every other page. But I myself dont think he's abusive, though he is kind of a stalker, but he can't help it. lol.

Source(s): i read all 4 books.

well you have to admit the whole "I like to watch you sleep" was a bit creepy.

He has sex with Bella while she is unconscious, and follows her without her knowledge. I don't get how you girls do see this as abusive and stalkerish.