Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 1 decade ago

Who is the best rapper turned actor....?

Will Smith or Mark Wahlberg....

I kind of think Mark, because The Departed is one of my favorite films but Will has a larger variety of films and possibly more versatile, who do you pick?

Update:

I'm talking about actors that no longer rap, and just choose from the choices.

Update 2:

HHRAC: He won an oscar for best supporting actor in The Departed

Update 3:

Vicky: Mos Def hasn't TURNED actor, he's a rapper AND actor.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Mark Wahlberg. comes out in way better movies than will smith

• 1 decade ago

Will smith is one of the best actors in the world. mark wahlberg talks to animals so he isnt as good.

Source(s): And though it seems heaven sent, we're ready to see a black president
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Most definitely Will Smith. But since he's not very much of a rapper, I'm going to have to go with Ice Cube! I'm surprised you didn't mention him! He's a really talented guy.

Although... Nas was really good in Belly. But what other acting gigs did he have? The State Property movies were good, but again, most of them were only in those movies.

I'm sticking with Cube on this one.

• 1 decade ago

Im gonna go with Will Smith on this one...The Departed was good...but it wasnt only because of Walberg...Same with Boogie Nights...I wasnt a big fan of either of the rap careers...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

will smith b/c the man can do any role. he can do a comedy being funny (hitch) and drama being serious (pursuit of happyness) sci fi/ adventure (I am legend and hancock). mark has more of the adventure roles. hes a good actor but will smith is better.

• I never thought Markie Mark could act.

Will Smith.

• 1 decade ago

Mark Wahlberg, then Will Smith and then Ice-T. DMX comes in dead last.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

PHILLY all day

Gotta go with my man will

also I can say my sista girl Queen latifah but between those to gotta be my man will

• 1 decade ago

Will Smith..I've only seen a couple of Markie's films..

• 1 decade ago

will smith....but don't forget mighty mos def....watch something the lord made...his performance was unforgettable

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.