Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 1 decade ago

Can you go to jail for downloading stuff off of thepiratebay website?

I was thinking about downloading off of the website but i want to no if its safe.....

• zbalat
    Favorite Answer

It is illegal but the chances of you getting in trouble are very slim.

It's best to purchase your software legally.

first download peerguardian from the website www.download.com and type peerguardian this program blocks a lot of stuff and is good to use to block government stuff and ads try www.isohunt.com its like piratebay and try mininova.org holla back email me at kb20032001@yahoo.com i use piratebay and isohunt myself and try to use www.btmon.com its a lot of torrents sites to use i downloaded all windows vista and win xp versions from those sites and a lot of music i have so email me if u have any questins

Right now the piratebay isn't very safe. They are in a lot of lawsuits and stuff. try another site there are plenty of others just like it that aren't bad.

pirated is illegal pls don't take the risks, there's a lot of way to buy a cheap one and that's better because it's legal.

You pay for it then download it. theres no way around it.