I need help! Super easy recipes that look impressive! and taste nice?

My mother in law HATES cooking! Her husband and myself love time in the kitchen, after avoiding cooking for many years she has decided that she wants a few signature easy recipes . The problem is any recipes i have suggested so far have been too complicated! As a Christmas pressie we were thinking of illustrating a... show more My mother in law HATES cooking! Her husband and myself love time in the kitchen, after avoiding cooking for many years she has decided that she wants a few signature easy recipes . The problem is any recipes i have suggested so far have been too complicated! As a Christmas pressie we were thinking of illustrating a nice book with 8 recipes for her, so far i have got as far as
1. chocolate and digestive melt fridge cake
2. smoked salmon and cream cheese wraps sliced to look like swirls.....
then i'm stuck!!
She socializes a lot and her friends cook well and she wants to join in as she's getting too many jokes about her lack of cooking ability.
she eats meat, and loves veg, pulses, nuts, wholefoods etc
any suggestions would be very welcome !!!!!!!!!!
Thanks :-)