Goldfish are delicate and get injured easily if not cared, this guide will help you raise your goldfish from Common to Red Caps. For simple goldfish raising, you will need the following things:
* Glass fish bowl/fish tank
* fish food
* artificial/real freshwater plants (optional)
* Fish medicine (optional but recommended as they are delicate)
* A bucket for changing water
* And most importantly, a goldfish/es.
There are more optional fish keeping tools that will make your fish more happier:
* Water filter
* Fish net
* Gravel to hide the fish waste from accidently being eaten
* Hiding places such as sunken ships and broken jugs
* Water ager and metal netruelizer
* And freshwater PH level regulator
* Air pump
Setting Up a New Home for a Goldfish/es
1. Fill up your fish tank/bowl with tap water and leave it there for two days (unless you have a water ager and metal netruelizer)
2. Put you plants and hiding places for the goldfish. This is also the time to put in other items such as Water filter and air pump, and to add the PH level regulater and Water ager and stuff like that
3. Go to the goldfish shop and buy the number of goldfish you prefer.
4. Put the fishes gently into the fish bowl/tank (use a net or just use a bucket to scoop the fish into the bowl/tank
5. Give the goldfish some of your fish food, 1/8 of a teaspoon of food per goldfish.
After that, you can sit back, relax as you watch your goldfish explore its new home.
All living things need food, and Goldfish are not excepted as well. Feed 5-10 flakes or pellets or ask your local Goldfish store employee. Also, throw in monthly treats such as Brine Shrimps to keep the fish happy.
If you are going on a holiday, Holiday Feeding Blocks can feed the fish for you. They can be bought from your locan Goldfish Store
Changing the Goldfish Water
If you don't have a water filter, change at least 50% of the water, make sure you have left that new water for 2 days or used PH level regulator, metal remover and water ager.
Use your bucket to change the water.
Owners of goldfish who also has a filter in operation in the tank needs to change it once every 5 days.
The fish bowl/tank will need cleaning once every month, including the ones with filters Algae and slime also grows in the tank and if not cleaned, the whole tank will be covered in it.
First remove the goldfish and put it into the bucket, then empty the bowl/tank and when emptied, clean it with a sponge or a scrub, or anything which has bristles, be sure that its cleaned.
If you have 2 or more goldfish, one male and one female, they may mate and lay eggs in spring, several days before that happens, the male chases the female. When laying the eggs, the male pushes the female to a plant and start spawning the eggs, spawning can take place for 2-3 hours.
Once finished, the parents of the eggs will eat as many eggs as they can find, so its best to separate the eggs from their parents after spawning.
Raising Baby goldfish
Baby goldfish are called fry, they born in the colours of brown and black to hide from the bigger goldfish, as the bigger ones eat them. Raise them separately from the adult fish and feed them small flakes of fish food, until they are a year old. You will need to raise them for several months until they get their adult colours, once those colours are fully gained, they are ready to be with the big goldfish.
So now you won't be bored because the goldfish will entertain you, as long as you repay them by taking care of them.
· 1 decade ago