Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 1 decade ago

Is it possible to learn visual basic programming than php for web design?

At the minute i'm on css as ive done xhtml,but i'm a bit confused to which programming language i should learn after ive done javascript, i was first looking into php,then i was looking into perl, but as visual basic is the easiest language to learn,as well as powerful is it possible i could learn VB instead of php/perl for web development for databases ect...........

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

What languages you learn to use should be a matter of which ones interest you. If you don't like the work you do, you won't be successful at it.

That said, I generally recommend new programmers learn PHP / MySQL, then ASP.NET, as PHP is easier to grasp, has more peer support and is more forgiving of errors.

http://www.dougv.com/blog/2008/10/02/recommended-s...

• 1 decade ago

It's nice to be learning all these programming languages - are you doing anything with it? Take a look around and see what kind of work you want to do - that might help you decide which language(s) to focus on. If you're going to be doing primarily web site design, focus on the css, javascript and php. A little perl comes in handy at times, but those others are used on the majority of sites.

• 1 decade ago

If you understand the basic principles of programming (functions, classes, methods, variable types, etc.), than learning PHP is easier to learn than VB.

PHP uses a C-based syntax which is actually easier for most beginning programmers to learn than VB. It also makes converting between different types of variables easy and handling data is as simple as it gets.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Having taught programming for many years, I can tell you that the first thing you should learn is programming, not a language. (You learn programming in English.) Get a copy of http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0130224189/... and study it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would go with the vb.net

You can pick up the php

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.