How do I get the most accurate result from a blood Glucose monitor?

I have a One Touch Ultra 2 glucose monitor and I am getting different readings in less than 30 seconds of each other. My monitor is calibrated to the strips that I am using. I have even tested it. The R.N.P. at the clinic did not give me the rundown on the monitor. She didn't even show me how to use. I think... show more I have a One Touch Ultra 2 glucose monitor and I am getting different readings in less than 30 seconds of each other. My monitor is calibrated to the strips that I am using. I have even tested it. The R.N.P. at the clinic did not give me the rundown on the monitor. She didn't even show me how to use. I think she was in a hurry. She had told me to read the instructions. So, I've been testing myself for a few weeks and I was poking my finger then getting the first blood draw. I noticed at the clinic they would clean the area, poke the finger, wipe the first blood dot and then get the next one. As soon as I was doing it the way the clinic was, I was getting a lot lower readings. Does anyone have this problem?