If we were in a bull market, would stock prices of these companies go up?

I don't really understand bull markets....why would stock prices go up (or down) in companies like Proctor & Gamble and Apple?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

they go up because the stock pays dividends when sales go up..

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

A "Bull" market is just a general term meaning that the market is doing well. The market is doing well because the economy is doing well. The economy is doing well because people are making and spending money.

The thing to remember is that stock prices don't have much to do with actual revenues and profits. The price of the stock is basically the collective perception of the traders. The company can be in the tank, but if enough people think the company is golden the price will remain high (*cough* Enron *cough*)

• 1 decade ago

A bull market is just a word describing that the overall market is doing good. Also it means that more people are buying than selling. Yes, if you were in a bull market the stocks would likely go up. You get to a bull market when theirs been good news about the economy or just a sector, like techonlgi, or retail.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

proctor and gamble probably has a low beta, so will not move much in any market condition, but apple should have a high beta and will move faster, but in a bull market both will go up, and a bear market both may move down, but apple will be more volatile.

bull markets are when the general move of stocks is up

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are about a million things that decide when a stock goes up or down. Best to wait for the markets to get into a trend and learn a lot about stocks before you invest.

You can use the My Portfolio area in finance.yahoo.com to track any number of stocks you like. Finance.google.com is my favorite place for charting and tons of other info.

Google for investing tutorials to learn more.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.