Christians, what if you're wrong?

This is really only aimed at the very obnoxious Christians - what if you are wrong about your particular interpretation of God existing? What if you go through your entire life chastising, patronizing and hurting innocent people, harassing people of other faiths, tormenting homosexuals (which in many cases leads... show more This is really only aimed at the very obnoxious Christians - what if you are wrong about your particular interpretation of God existing?

What if you go through your entire life chastising, patronizing and hurting innocent people, harassing people of other faiths, tormenting homosexuals (which in many cases leads to suicide), impeding scientific progress, and lying to children - all for nothing? Do you even accept the possibility you might be wrong?

You might not see that you do these things because you're doing them 'in the name of god' - but to everyone else, you're still doing them and it still retards human progress.

What if you are wrong, and the other 2/3 of the worlds population is right? There is either no god, or a different one than you are worshipping? How would you feel?
Update: Morganie -

Do you have any other way to validate your beliefs rather than your personal feelings?
Do you not even think that possibly you are wrong? Maybe 'the feeling in your heart' doesn't hold all the answers to the cosmos? Maybe you're being a little too subjective?
Update 2: Kaiba -

I did point out this was to the obnoxious Christians, who do take pride in doing all the things I mentioned. I don't care if someone believes in a higher being - what I care about is when they deliberately mistreat others because of their beliefs.
Update 3: Dirtysheets - actually you are wrong. Only a third of the world is Christian, if that, and there are around 36000 denominations alone.

Nothing is impossible without God - Yes, you do harass others. Telling gay people they are sinning and going to hell is harassment.
Update 4: April - Google Pascal's wager. Pointless argument.
Update 5: Daniel - I think banning stem cell research based on religious belief constitutes impeding scientific progress.

Also, about a third of the world's population is Christian. Look at any reliable source. This means, shockingly, the other 4 billion people are not.
Update 6: Mike - No, really, you do do those things.

Imagine for a second there is no god -

You certainly are harassing other people, oppressing homosexuals and lying about science.
Update 7: Morganie -

Stem Cell research?

Ever thought that telling homosexuals they are sinners is psychologically damaging?

Ever thought maybe you shouldn't hold your own feelings above everything else?
56 answers 56