Nicnac asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

When and where was Michael Jordan born?

I'm doin a report for school on Michael Jordan. I think he was born on Feb 17, 1963. Is that rite? Where was he born? Did he move at all? Where did he go to college? University of North Carolina or North Carolina State?

Best Answer

Michael Jordan was born in Brooklyn, New York, on February 17, 1963. His parents, James and Delores Jordan, moved to Wilmington, North Carolina when he was still a toddler. Jordan has two older brothers, one older sister, and one younger sister.

Jordan loved to play baseball when he was a child, and also played some basketball and football. His love for basketball began when his older brother, Larry, continuously beat him in one-on-one pickup games. As with any challenge Jordan faces, this determined Michael to become a better player.

Jordan played basketball for Laney High School in Wilmington, North Carolina. Ironically, Jordan was cut from the varsity team as a sophomore. Instead of giving up after failing to make the team, Jordan used it to spur himself to greater achievements, practicing hour after hour on the court. "Whenever I was working out and got tired and figured I ought to stop, I'd close my eyes and see that list in the locker room without my name on it," Jordan said, "and that usually got me going again." He eventually made the team and led it to the state championship.

Jordan accepted a basketball scholarship from the University of North Carolina. As a freshman, Jordan's ever-growing popularity began when he scored the game-winning basket in the 1982 NCAA championship game against the Georgetown Hoyas. Jordan was selected college player of the year in the 1983-84 season, and led the US Men's Basketball Team to an Olympic Gold Medal in the 1984 Summer Olympics under coach Bobby Knight.

Jordan left college and entered the NBA in 1984, he was selected third in the draft (First pick: Houston--Hakeem Olajuwon; second pick: Portland--Sam Bowie) by the Chicago Bulls, a team that had won only 28 games the previous season. Ironically, Jordan played in his first game as a pro against Washington on Oct. 26, 1984. Jordan became an immediate impact in the league and proved that he belonged among the elite players. He finished his rookie season as one of the top scorers in the league, averaging 28.2 points per game, was named Rookie of the Year, and also made the All-Star team. Jordan led the Bulls into the playoffs in every season, but didn't make the NBA Finals until 1991, where he led the Bulls to their first of three consecutive NBA Championships (1991, 1992, and 1993).

Where Was Michael Jordan Born

Jordan was born on Feb. 17, 1963, in Brooklyn

University of North Carolina

If you're a basketball playerthen a straight jump is important but if you do have this issue you never need certainly to fear because the clear answer is here https://tr.im/4QSrJ , the Vert Shock program.

With Vert Shock program you will obtain 9 to 15 inches to your straight leap in just 8 week.

This system is organized in 3 stages.

The very first week and also stage  is called the Pre-Shock period, it's composed of 6 workouts in 7 days which are designed to shock your system and really prepare you for the next coming 7 weeks and just in that phase you'll get three to five inches.

The next period is the Shock-Phase, which is really a full 6 week phase which actually bangs the main nervous system and stimulates muscle tissue to react blazingly rapidly in order to produce these large explosion£surge leaps.

And, eventually, there is the Post-Shock phase, which is simply for closing in your newly received gets and creating parts of your muscles used to the fast neurological response.

Plain and easy Vert Shock gets the work done!

Feb 17 1963 in Brooklyn NY

• blank

Go to Michael Jordan wikipedia.My computer is not working to well right now.

Source(s): me

Michael was born in Brooklyn NY, I believe in 1963. he currently lives in North Carolina....I know this because he is a neighbor of mine!

http://www.jordansneakersshop.us

He additionally spoke at the Division I Teacher's Mini Conference on Data Driven Instruction. The Parent Teacher Student Association presented him with the Staff Award for Outstanding Teaching for his work with their district. Experience as an Assistant Principal As an assistant principal in Washington, DC, Wright supervised 13 veteran and new teachers. He led third grade teachers in planning instruction to target student improvement,

1963 in Brooklyn, New York

he got the name jordan because his dad's last name was jordan. you know, usually, when your born your last name is usually the one of your fathers. haha.