Should be big three file bankruptcy? ?

When will they stop making crappy cars? I heard about 90% of toyota cars bought in the 90s are still out there.

The other day while I was driving I decide to count how many cars out there are Japanese or Americans. Every other car there was a Honda, Toyota, or Nissan. These three are the market leaders. I thing with dont need the american big three. my 95 corolla I would nto change it for a 2000 ford.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The big fallacy is that the big three can go into bankruptcy? Who is going to lend them the money to re-organize? Banks are not lending.

It has been recognize by everyone, let me say that again,everyone, that the only entity that can help is the U.S. government. They are the ones that have the money to lend, NOT GIVE, but lend. Under normal circumstances the various chapters 7,11 and 13 would be the way to go,

but they all rely on the ability to get funds, credit from the financial world

and as we have all seen that world is frozen over. So to all of those that say let them file for bankruptcy are just a little behind the times.

• 4 years ago

GM and Chrysler are toast. there is not any saving the two company from oblivion at this factor. Ford might survive. edit: My 2001 Ford truck continues to be working good with a hundred thirty,000 miles and has mandatory not something yet generic upkeep. My bosses' 2001 stay sparkling of truck is continually in the keep and in simple terms has 60,000 miles. Whomever in GM or Chrysler concept that high quality wasn't well worth something merely desires to take a physically powerful seem at their present day revenues.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the big 3 need to diversify and start making different products that americans want and need and are willing to buy. THAT will get the economy going again.

right now people either dont have jobs, or dont have enough money to buy cars which is why the big 3 are acting like children. They dont even mention how many cars they have NOT sold in the last month.

The only reason they keep asking for HANDOUTS is to pay their workers and give them "make work" to do.

What is the point in making more cars when you KNOW YOU CANNOT SELL THEM?

• 1 decade ago

Yes, just like any other company has to do. But we will bail them out and they wont change with high wages, gas guzzling vehicles, unions that are no longer needed, high vehicle prices, vehicls that cant compete with their Japanese counterparts and then we will have to bail them out again before Valentines day next year

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

FIRE top management

SHRED the union contracts

STOP making 20 versions of the same damn car!!!

IMPROVE quality and EMPLOYEE EFFICIENCY

NO bailout is needed. Let the FREE MARKET and the stock holders decide the fate of PRIVATE BUSINESSES.

Keep government AWAY !

What the heII is this, RUSSIA???

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Er, in case you hadn't noticed, GM is still the world's largest car maker.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The quality gap between US and Jap cars has disappeared a long time ago. Take your rice burner and shove it.

• Lurch
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yes, they should.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.