Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 decade ago

Is black really a slimming color?

okay so i heard that if you were a black shirt it supposedly makes you look a little slimmer. is that true?

thanks a bunchh!(:

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yes, visually it makes a person appear a bit slimmer than they are... However, it does not make a bigger person look thin, that's a common misconception people (especially women) tend to have about wearing black.....it's not going to make a 200 pound person look like they're 125.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Slimming Colors

• 1 decade ago

Yes that is true! They say black makes you look slimmer and white fat!

Still donot know the truth

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wearing black and other dark colors can do a lot to make you look slimmer. Bumps and bulges are well hidden in dark colored clothing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, the color black is really slimming, because it hides the shadows of all the bumps and stuff on one's body, plus because it's such a dark color, we register anything black as slightly smaller (you know how a black room closes in on you? )

• 3 years ago

i stumble on that earth tones are very slimming and help deliver out the warmth temperature of your guy or woman epidermis tones. Salmon and pink with brown and black look very slimming on me. possibly it works for others. human beings oftentimes remark on how extreme high quality the colour looks, as antagonistic to looking at your weight!

• 1 decade ago

it does slim you but if you are larger wearing all black won't help. I would wear a black cami under things so that it will create a slimmer layered look. I would wear black camis they really slim you. Bu loose fitting fblack t shirts sometimes create a frail look!

• Yes darker colors are slimming. Try a pair of dark wash jeans and a dark blue shirt..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes it is very true

haha

i went to a wedding reception several weeks ago, and i wore black skiiny jeans and a black shirt and i looked like a stick...lol

• 1 decade ago

yes my sister is a little fat but when she wears black or brown she looks great !

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.