Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Omar S asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Is Dostana copied from I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry?

With Priyanka Chopra taking Jessica Biel's role, and Ahbisheik Bachchan and John Abraham taking Kevin James and Adam Sandler's roles?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I actually have not seen I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry so I cannot say for sure, but i just read this synopsis for it and i have seen dostana, and it seems very similar in some aspects, yet different because Dostana focuses more on the love story than the idea of homosexuality.

Which honestly, i am just assuming based of the synopsis. I'm not sure which movie you have seen, so warning in case i drop a spoiler, it is totally unintentional.

Dostana is different in that there is a third player in the game of love, who is played by Doel or Deol- i think its Deol. and Deol's son also plays a large factor in Dostana.

However, in Chuck and Larry it seems to focus on the homosexuality idea and the sexual relations between the characters and other women.

in dostana- once john and abishek pretend to come out, you no longer see them with any other women except priyanka's character.

I don't want to get too in detail because i don't want to spoil anything.

and since i havent seen chuck and larry, i wouldnt know the significance of what im spoiling.

In chuck and larry, they actually get married, where as in dostana they just pretend to be partners i believe

In a similar aspect, they both deal with two men faking their orientation in order to get certain rights. so that idea may have been copied

however i am not completely sure

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.