Omar S asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Is Dostana copied from I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry?

With Priyanka Chopra taking Jessica Biel's role, and Ahbisheik Bachchan and John Abraham taking Kevin James and Adam Sandler's roles?

Favorite Answer

I actually have not seen I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry so I cannot say for sure, but i just read this synopsis for it and i have seen dostana, and it seems very similar in some aspects, yet different because Dostana focuses more on the love story than the idea of homosexuality.

Which honestly, i am just assuming based of the synopsis. I'm not sure which movie you have seen, so warning in case i drop a spoiler, it is totally unintentional.

Dostana is different in that there is a third player in the game of love, who is played by Doel or Deol- i think its Deol. and Deol's son also plays a large factor in Dostana.

However, in Chuck and Larry it seems to focus on the homosexuality idea and the sexual relations between the characters and other women.

in dostana- once john and abishek pretend to come out, you no longer see them with any other women except priyanka's character.

I don't want to get too in detail because i don't want to spoil anything.

and since i havent seen chuck and larry, i wouldnt know the significance of what im spoiling.

In chuck and larry, they actually get married, where as in dostana they just pretend to be partners i believe

In a similar aspect, they both deal with two men faking their orientation in order to get certain rights. so that idea may have been copied

however i am not completely sure