Which Dremel rotary tool should I get?

I'm having trouble deciding which tool to get. Most have their obvious pros and cons, but there are some deciding factors that I need to find out. I'm building guitar effect pedals again, and am gonna make some mods to my amp, so I need something that can handle drilling wood, aluminum, and ABS, as well as... show more I'm having trouble deciding which tool to get. Most have their obvious pros and cons, but there are some deciding factors that I need to find out. I'm building guitar effect pedals again, and am gonna make some mods to my amp, so I need something that can handle drilling wood, aluminum, and ABS, as well as sanding, buffing - all that standard stuff. I'm also willing to buy 'generic' brand (non-Dremel) stuff, but only under high recommendation.

My top choice, based on my budget, is the 7.2v cordless Multipro, but I've heard (from only ONE review) that the battery is only 20 mins or so and takes 3 hours to charge, and I don't want to have to buy an extra battery pack. I'd like to know if this is true or untrue. If this is untrue, then I think my problem is solved.

Second choice is the 100 Series or the Single-Speed Multipro. They both seem pretty similar. I'm worried that the cord won't be long enough or will get in the way, and that the single speed (35000 RPM) may be too much for some applications (ie. drilling ABS). Will the single-speed factor be a problem for my applications?

Third choice is the 300 series or the variable speed Multipro. Same cord problem as the single speed models, but I would also have to buy this one used. What is the reliability of these tools, and should I worry about not having a warranty if I buy used?