What do you think of the name Monica?

1) What would you rate it on a scale of 1-10 (1=hate,10=love)?

2) Can you see it being used on a baby nowadays?

3) How many Monica's do you know?

4) Additional thoughts or comments about the name. Why you like or don't like it, etc. It's fine if you don't like the name, just please don't be rude.

Note: I'm not pregnant, just wondering what you think about the name. I'm considering adding it to my favorites list.

Thanks,

Noelle

Update:

BB ~

I have absoultely no idea for a middle name yet. As for the nickname...I don't think I like this name shortened. =)

15 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1. 7.5

2. Yes, why not?

3. My great-aunt Monica, a strong and lovely lady (her nickname was Monnie). Also the writer Monica Dickens.

4. I would definitely add it to your list if you want to; I think it's a pretty and very musical-sounding name. Also some people might prefer Monique.

• 1 decade ago

1) I would give it a 4-5. Never was a fan of the name and that was before the Clinton-Lewinsky fiasco. That depacle makes the name not a good choice, not yet. Just the other day I read that in a baby name book and I couldn't agree more.

Personally I have met 3 Monicas, maybe more. One went to school with me grade 1 to 5. She was a nasty child and had this mane of red hair, but not the usual red hair you see. She was just mean and that made her ugly in my eyes. I was a child then but I have not forgotten her or her last name. However in high school I met another Monica. She was blonde, tall and nice. Still the name never did win me over. It was more appealing when Friends was popular and then Lewinsky made the name a big NO NO. At least for a few years. When the memory of Lewinsky fades away.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1) 6/10. It is pretty but it just isn't a favourite of mine. It also seems a bit "old fashioned" but there is nothing wrong with it.

2) Not really, the name seems to adultish.

3) 0 - unless you can't Monica from Friends. lol

4) I guess Mona could be a nickname for when she's younger, but on a whole I wouldn't use it. However, if you like that is all that matters.

Hope this helps

Earthy

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I quite like it, I think I would rate it about 7 out of 10.

I can see it being used on a baby now although it is stereotyped to be a 90's name.

I know one Monica and she is the nicest person ever. Mon is also a very cute nickname for it :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hey Noelle!

1) 10 out of 10

2) Definitely!

3) I know 1

4) Monica is my favorite name ever. I absolutely adore it. I'm actually thrilled that people on here don't like it, that means it won't be getting common. I'm 99% sure I'd use it when I get to be an old person - LOL.

• 1 decade ago

1. 5, it isn't horrible but it isn't my favorite name

2. I can't see it on a baby but it isn't a bad name

3. 1, she is an older lady that I used to work with.

4. It reminds me either Monica the R&B singer or Monica Lewinsky

What middle name would you put with it?

What nickname would you use?

• xoxo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

1. 2- Not a fan im sorry

2. I can see it used, it is a nice name I just have my thing with it....

3. I've known about 3

4. Ok heres why i dont like it haha, it just sounds REALLY stuck up to me and the people i've known with it have been really stuck up too. I actually prefer Monique over it, but hey if you like the name go for it!

• 1 decade ago

I like the name Noelle! Monica too. I can't see it on babies but on a woman it'll be great! Thing is, a person must go through the baby phase before being a woman. Haha...

• Nina
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

1) 3/10

2) Yea maybe i can see it used, but i wont recommend it

3)I know Monica from friends, and our old babysitter was a Monica too lol

4) I dont why i feel that the name is a bit old, i like Monique though

Thanks

• Odile
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

1) 3

2) not really

3) dozens, it was a common 40s and 50s name

4) Reminiscent of the Clinton administration for some reason

Names are very personal. If you like it, who cares what strangers think?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.