Did Pres Nixon even say: Let me make this perfectly clear?

I have heard a lot of people over the years relate that quote to Pres Nixon but I never seen a film clip or heard a sound bite or read an article where he said that.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes he did.

• TellyB
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

yes, 'Let me make this perfectly clear' was Prez Tricky Dick's line first.

An impersonater Rich Little did an impression of Nixon whiler Nixon was nin the audience. At a star-studded party at Richard Nixon's home in 1970, Debbie Reynolds announced that Rich Little would do his famous impression of the president.

"Mr Nixon turned around and faced me," Little later recalled, "I wound up saying something inane like, 'Let me make this perfectly clear. I think this is a marvelous party. Make no mistake about that.' And I finished by giving the Nixon V-for-vitory sign.

• 1 decade ago

Yes he did. When he was under investigation regarding Watergate, he said, "Let me make this perfectly clear, I am the President." He was pretty indignant that he was being investigated and thought he was above the law.

Source(s): memory
  • 1 decade ago

Yes he did. JFK was known for "Let me say this about that"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No, that's what Clinton said just before he shook his finger at the cameras and declared:

"I did not have sex with that woman."

• Curt2 years agoReport

Actually, President Clinton preceded the quote given here with something closer to I want you all to listen.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.