Did Pres Nixon even say: Let me make this perfectly clear?

I have heard a lot of people over the years relate that quote to Pres Nixon but I never seen a film clip or heard a sound bite or read an article where he said that.

Favorite Answer

Yes he did.

• hairypotto
      1 month agoReport

I think he said that when he lost the California governor election and blamed the press and ended his speech with "you won't have Nixon to kick around anymore"  Who knew what would happen years later? 

• TellyB

yes, 'Let me make this perfectly clear' was Prez Tricky Dick's line first.

An impersonater Rich Little did an impression of Nixon whiler Nixon was nin the audience. At a star-studded party at Richard Nixon's home in 1970, Debbie Reynolds announced that Rich Little would do his famous impression of the president.

"Mr Nixon turned around and faced me," Little later recalled, "I wound up saying something inane like, 'Let me make this perfectly clear. I think this is a marvelous party. Make no mistake about that.' And I finished by giving the Nixon V-for-vitory sign.

Yes he did. When he was under investigation regarding Watergate, he said, "Let me make this perfectly clear, I am the President." He was pretty indignant that he was being investigated and thought he was above the law.

Source(s): memory

Yes he did. JFK was known for "Let me say this about that"

No, that's what Clinton said just before he shook his finger at the cameras and declared:

"I did not have sex with that woman."

• Curt3 years agoReport

Actually, President Clinton preceded the quote given here with something closer to I want you all to listen.