Can you send me a link to child endangerment laws? Is it legal for a convicted child molester to have contact?

To have contact with his girlfriends child? Thank you

• Natz
    Favorite Answer

no normally when a convicted child molester is convicted they are made to sign the sex offenders register and have a sort of injunction put on them especially against the child the molested.

the woman my younger sister stays with (shes 17) had 6 kids of her own and she was going to marry a peadophile, knowing he was a peadophile. then my lil sis had the nerve to ask me if she could take my 3 yr old daugher out. i told her no, i couldnt risk my lil girl going round a peadophile. well, she had all 6 kids taken off her thank god and shes no longer with him. but as far as i know they normally have some restraint againt going near or seeing chilren.

Source(s): mum of 2
  • CDT

It depends on the court orders given out. Some judges will say that him having contact with the child is fine as long as there's supervision while others will say that he's not allowed to see the child but they can talk on the phone or through writing while others yet will say there's to be no contact between the two of them whatsoever.

It's different for each case.

• BJ

No because he is probably on some sort of sex offender list. Look him up to see if he is. The county should have some sort of web site for that. If he is around her, call the cops and report the pedophile. he should not be around any child, whatsoever!

Yes, it is legal. You cannot imprison someone for something they "might" do.

It is illegal for him, or anyone else to have sexual contact with a child.