Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

Warren G. Harding, US Grant, Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford were all Republican Presidents?

who were corrupt (Ford because he made a deal to Pardon Nixon), Can anyone name a Democratic administration that was corrupt, with links and proof (I am not talking misconduct or disproved allegations , so don't even bother saying Bill Clinton).

Typical right wing nut job ans . .Bill Clinton never was charged with corruption , if you were in my class that ans would earn you the dunce cap

.

The question was not name Democratic Presidents, you flunk the test and earn the class dummy, the question was which Presidents were involved with corruption, Link please or you get another 'F' for making up lies. Oh wait isn't that what you people do anyway, why tell the truth just re-write History and just

Andrew Johnson was not impeached because of corruption, pin head.

Tea Pot Dome scandal was Harding, boy such uninformed , no wonder they voted for Bush, just a bunch of dummies. probably could not pass a modern citizen test for immigrants.

You flunk too because you didn't read the question correct a pardon is not corruption , but Ford made a deal with Nixon, that was the corruption.

Another dummy, impeachment is = to an inditement neith Clinton nor Andrew Johnson were convicted (removed from office) Impeachable offensives are not spelled out in the constitution it say 'high Crimes and Misdemeanors" has nothing to do with corruption, so far you all hre not abole to name one US President, a Democrat involved with corruption.

• Bryce
    Favorite Answer

Don't forget George W. Bush's White House, with the allegations against his VP.

Harry Truman had lots of support, early in his career, from a Kansas City mob-ring. Kennedy may have owed his presidency to the Daley political machine in Chicago (whose remnants are attempting to besmirch our current President Elect). LBJ may have been in deep with various members of the military-industrial complex (though I don't think he had anything to do with JFK's assassination).

But these are all rumours. The GOP has a lot of 'splainin' to do, especially when they always take the moral high ground!

BTW, Andrew Johnson was acquitted (as was Clinton), and Grant's scandal was not Teapot Dome (that was Harding) but various kick-backs and short-changing of the Indians. And he was a Republican. The question was about DEMOCRATIC PARTY abuses, and I'm sure there are plenty there to go around. Just no so's you'd notice.

Yes they were.

Just because Ford pardoned Nixon doesn't have any concept of him being corrupt.

Remember though only Democrats have actually been attempted to get impeached. (Andrew Johnson & Bill Clinton)

I don't see your proof about any corrupt Republican Presidents.

Every man that has ever held the office in the last 60 years has been corrupt in some way, no matter party affiliation. The only fact I can give you off the top of my head is this, Why else would someone spend millions on top of millions of dollars campaigning for a job that pays a few hundred thousand?

Grant was involved in the Teapot Dome Scandal. You can Google it. Andrew Johnson was impeached.

Funny you mention Ford because he pardoned Nixon... He KNEW at the time that in doing so he was in fact committing political suicide but he also knew it was what the country needed to move forward. In doing so, he knew he would not be re-elected and that his career would be over. Corruption implies gaining something, not losing everything.

If all it takes for proof of corruption is a pardon in your book can you name a Democratic President that did not pardon anyone? That would qualify ALL presidents as corrupt then wouldn't it?

LBJ and his lovely wife Lindabird (probably the most corrupt ever to be elected, 'til maybe now)

Little Billy Clinton and his wife it's called Whitewater

Andrew Jackson

Jimmy Carter

FDR

Lynden Johnson

Barack Obama

I didnt say bill clinton, did I?

Source(s): I don't need links. Google it.

bill clinton