promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

what is the weather like in Boston?

not just now, but year round. I am interested in going to Boston University, but i would like to know what the weather is like. Not that im going to pick my college based on weather, ok mabe i am if i have a choice of multiple colleges that i want to go to

thanks!!!

Update:

how hot does it get, how cold does it get, how much does it snow

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Boston has what may basically be described as something between a humid continental climate and a humid subtropical climate, such as is very common in New England. Summers are typically warm and humid, while winters are cold, windy, and snowy. Prevailing wind patterns that blow offshore affect Boston, minimizing the influence of the Atlantic Ocean.

Spring in Boston can be warm, with temperatures as high as the 90s when winds are offshore, although it is just as possible for a day in late May to remain in the lower 40s because of cool ocean waters. The hottest month is July, with an average high of 82 °F (28 °C) and an average low of 66 °F (18 °C), with conditions usually humid. The coldest month is January, with an average high of 36 °F (2 °C) and an average low of 22 °F (–6 °C).[32] Periods exceeding 90 °F (32 °C) in summer and below 10 °F (−12 °C) in winter are not uncommon but are rarely prolonged. The record high temperature is 104 °F (40 °C), recorded on July 4, 1911. The record low temperature is –18 °F (–28 °C), recorded on February 9, 1934. February in Boston has seen 70 °F (21 °C) only once in recorded history, on February 24, 1985. The highest temperature recorded in March was 89 °F (31 °C), on March 31, 1998.[33]

The city averages about 43 in (108 cm) of precipitation a year, with 40.9 in (104 cm) of snowfall a year.[34] Snowfall increases dramatically as one goes inland away from the city—away from the warming influence of the ocean.[35] Most snowfall occurs from December through March. There is usually little or no snow in April and November, and snow is rare in May and October.[36][37]

Boston's coastal location on the North Atlantic, although it moderates temperatures, also makes the city very prone to Nor'easter weather systems that can produce much snow and rain.[38] Fog is prevalent, particularly in spring and early summer, and the occasional tropical storm or hurricane can threaten the region, especially in early autumn.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • geiser
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Bostons Weather

• Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Its New England.. our weather can go from sixty to below freezing in two days. Currently Massachusetts is in a state of emergency because fo an ice storm. Most schools and business are closed because in New England about one million people do not have power unless they have a generator. Other than that weather in Boston is pretty nice. The summer isn't too hot and the spring and fall are very pretty. (especially fall with all of the leaves changing.) The winters can be pretty bad if your not used to this ind of weather but overall Boston/Massachusetts in general is a nice place to live.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Boston has 4 seasons. Summer is 80-90's, Winter brings snow and sleet on a regular basis. Fall and spring are typical for New England.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what is the weather like in Boston?

not just now, but year round. I am interested in going to Boston University, but i would like to know what the weather is like. Not that im going to pick my college based on weather, ok mabe i am if i have a choice of multiple colleges that i want to go to

thanks!!!

Source(s): weather boston: https://tr.im/YGPZO
  • holcy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Foxwoods Weather

• Hank
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Changable, all year round.

• 4 years ago

Not completely sure about this one

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.