How can I get a personal loan for school if I have bad credit and no co-signer?

*I am aware of Fafsa and loans that go directly to the school....but I am more looking for loans to cover the costs of living and whatnot.

Favorite Answer

You can't.

Look into Federal Pell Grants.

http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/

***Ummm....what you don't use of the grants for classes, you can use for personal expenses. Otherwise, get a job.***

1

Source(s): Speedy Approval Personal Loans : http://personalloans.ohfos.com/?vkS

You can try and apply with the school for a stafford loan. It is basically a government guaranteed loan. That means if you end up filing for bankruptcy at any point, you would still owe the money on this loan. Usually you can get approved with bad credit. If you can not get a stafford loan you are pretty much out of luck.

You may have to get a second job and pay as you go.

Good Luck!!

I had to borrow money to finish my last semester. I took out a loan against my car.

Bad credit usually means poor money handling skills. You'll want to get that fixed before you borrow more money or you'll get into even more trouble. A personal loan will have payments due immediately; no deferral. You'll have to have a steady job to make those payments. If you've got a job then you may not need to borrow money. If you don't have a job then don't be taking out a loan that you can't make payments on.

Have you talked to the Financial Aid department about stuff like Work Study or other jobs on campus?

********

BTW - do yourself a favor and REPORT any SPAM/scam responses you get from online 'lenders'. Nobody reputable would use a generic email address (like yahoo or gmail or live) to conduct financial business.

You're not going to get a "personal loan." You may be able to det educational loans.