Does anyone know what might be wrong with my baseboard heater?

I have one of those ones that you plug into the wall and you turn on and set a time or temperature and all that. It's about 3 years old now. Um, just recently though like as of 1 day ago I figured out how to get the timer to work so it turns itself on and off so I don't have to, so I could leave it on overnight... show more I have one of those ones that you plug into the wall and you turn on and set a time or temperature and all that. It's about 3 years old now.

Um, just recently though like as of 1 day ago I figured out how to get the timer to work so it turns itself on and off so I don't have to, so I could leave it on overnight and it wouldn't get cold in my room.

As of this morning I've noticed that when it turns back on though it's been making a weird buzzing noise that's been getting worse over the day. It started out as just a noise you could barely hear, like something would be sizzling inside it, now it's become a buzz sort of thing. But it doesn't do it when it's on, only when it just starts up.

Should I unplug it and not use it anymore? I don't want it to catch fire or anything if something bad is wrong with it.
Update: By the way its a Honeywell Baseboard heater.

Not the real ones, just one you plug into the wall and set it on the floor somewhere. A "space heater".