Is narcissism a good remedy?

I always get really attached to the girls I date and they always break my heart. It is a never ending cycle and I feel very depressed for weeks at a time. My friend meanwhile doesn't have this problem at all and I am beginning to think the reason is because he is so in love with himself. Every time he breaks up with a girl, or if she leaves him he doesn't get flustered at all. I know he is a narcissist because he constantly admires how handsome he is and always checks himself out. Could narcissism help me feel better? I would be so attached to myself that I wouldn't care about others.

Favorite Answer

Certainly not ! Being in love or attached with yourself will hinder you from making real connections with women. As for your friend, his self admiration is probably his way of coping with rejections and hurts. That's very sad.

Women like confident men who can make them feel secure and loved. Just be your nice, confident self. If you rely on the person you are dating to make you happy, you will only be disappointed. Why not be a friend also to whoever you are dating. This way, you get to know her better and connect better with her.The best relatonships that I know started from friendship.

I want to share with you a part of an article that I read -

" When we talk about love in this world, we are really talking about attraction and pleasure that are brought about by hormones. If we were to disconnect a person from his hormonal system, he wouldn't be able to feel "love." This again shows that what we usually think of as love is just an egoistic desire to enjoy. Sometimes this desire can even be cruel, desiring to receive fulfillment at the expense of another person."

Here's the short article :http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/life-love-family/k...

Just relax and have fun.

Yes, your friend doesn't get flustered because he doesn't care. How sad. He will never have a meaningful relationship because he is stuck on himself. Become one yourself, why would you want to do that? Sure it hurts when a relationship ends, its like a death, you have to grieve for it but then you move on. Sounds like your a little codependent since you attach so deeply so quickly. This could be killing your relationships or maybe you just haven't found 'her' yet. Feelings are a good thing and depression afterward is normal as long as it ends. doesn't it feel fantastic at the beginning? would you really want ot give that up? It's just the end that sucks and one day you will find the right one and it will stay great. Continue dating and just try not to get so attached so quickly, if you do perhaps you might talk to someone about it. Good luck.

• Art M

If you want to ensure that you never have a loving relationship with anyone ever again, become a narcissist.

Or you could try NOT DATING narcissists...

And learn to become less emotionally needy. It sounds like that could be your main issue. It drives girls away, AND leaves you feeling like crap. It does give you that awesome high at the begining though!

Girls dont like guys that come off as needy. Try not to get so attached so easily. Its a real turn off for girls. If you fix that I think you will have better luck

If you are a narcissist then no one will want to have a commitment with you.

Well, if it doesn't work out with people naturally your next choice is to date yourself... unless you're ugly...

No.

But professional therapy may be in order.

hmmmm let me think

blah blah blah.

Source(s): you wouldnt make a good narcissist because i literally cant care about anything you do so you'd ahve a lot of rtriouble impressing ANMONHE including yourself