Why are republicans bent on seeing the big 3 automakers go bankrupt?

and how does it make you feel that the two senators from Alabama are talking about their only motivation for trying to bankrupt them is they are advocates of the free market and that the foreign automakers in their states are doing just fine. Do you think they really should be bragging about how they are basically saying USA should not have any domestic car makers and that all cars sold in USA should be foreign brands?

Does that seem you as something that is country first?? somehow it does not strike me as country first at all.

Do you get the impression the republicans care about the millions of americans who will be out of work if they get their wish???

so arcanum is being honest. He is saying its the union thats the problem.

An honest republican...rare...but good to see.

But isnt it funny how a trillion dollars can fly out the door with no oversight no salary reductions no parachute eliminations ....virtually nothing no strings at all .....and thats not a problem..thats not a concern..

I hear those companies are still giving bonuses and stock dividends and having junkets etc.... no one cares about that their employees will get pensions still. wont the tax payers be paying for that too ??

Favorite Answer

I don't support a bailout because a bailout means that tax payers will eventually be picking up the tab for the pension funds that the automakers agreed to with the unions.

*EDIT* If you check my previously answered and asked questions you will see that I was opposed to the other bailouts too.

It is unbelievable how easy the bailouts were mad

e for the banks as compared to the ones made for the auto industry.I do not believe bankrupcy would have been as bad CEOs from both groups were making them out to be.The one thing for sure anybody could have done the job that these CEOs did.I may have bankrupted the companies quicker but the result would have been the same.I could have done it at a much lower salary.Unlike most of these guys I would have resigned after I would have done so.I have pride in my work and to be the head of a company that lost everything while I was charge would devestate me.

• Dan

Because the Unions and auto workers keep voting for the people that are putting them out of business, the democrats

Bankruptcy will not eliminate the big 3, it will restructure and make it stronger in the long run, and help prevent future misuse of corporations, and may even help prevent government intervention.