Do you put dirty dishes in the dishwasher?

Or do you clean them off first, then put them in the dishwasher ?

Oh, I have to put them in there after rinseing them off, OR ELSE.

ERUDITE QUESTION? Vas ist dat?

Favorite Answer

I recently sold mine, but I spent so much time rinsing them off I might as well have been washing them. And washing dishes feels good on the arthritis in my hands, so now I do them by hand.

• Moe

I scrape of any excess food and then just put them in the dishwasher.

What is the sense of rinsing them off and wasting water if the dishwasher is going to do the job. If I can take the time to rinse them, I mine as well just wash them in the sink. I usually only have to run the dishwasher once a week and even tho they may sit for a while they still come out clean without the rinsing. I do wash in the sink any pots and pans as they take up too much room in the dishwasher.

• Poppy

My dishwasher rinses the dishes before the wash cycle comes on but I do scrap the food off first before putting them in the machine. If we had known we would not have bought this dishwasher as it washes for 2 hours! Poppy

Source(s): Live and learn

I'm the dishwasher. I can't imagine having a dishwasher but having to clean the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. Lady at work once said her dishwasher broke and she hated not having it. Had to go buy a new one. She rinsed HER dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. Why not wash them then?

I quietly said to myself, "Lazy azz broad."

• Jan

Who ever used the dish Must rinse then off and place them proper in the dishwasher, and I obey too haha My hubby is a clean freak

Like CJ I live alone so I rinse the bulk of things off. I run the dishwasher when it's full and that depends on how much I've cooked or if I've done any baking.

I do rinse them even though I'm told it's defeating the purpose and they are probably right because I don't rinse the clothes before I put them in the washing machine and they come out clean and bright.

Get rid of the big hunks. Rinsing works. Then into the dishwasher to wait out of sight until you have a full load. Always put the tines of the fork, bowl of the spoon and blade of the knife in an upward position.

Source(s): Sanitation

The last dishwasher I bought, the salesman had me raise my right hand and to swear to never rinse the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher..who am I to argue? they get scraped, loaded in the dishwasher and run..I use the Cascade pillows with Dawn in them, works great.

• Monty

I scrape off all the bits of food then place them in the dishwasher.

However, if I don't intend to turn the dishwasher on that day, (I wait till it's full to run it), I rinse plates and bowls before putting them in it.