What are Frank Sinatra's top songs/singles?

• Gina
    Favorite Answer

Sinatra left a vast legacy of recordings, from his very first sides with the Harry James orchestra in 1939, the vast catalogs at Columbia in the 1940s, Capitol in the 1950s, and Reprise from the 1960s onwards, up to his 1994 album Duets II.

Some of his best known recorded songs include:

Great American Songbook entries such as "Night and Day", "I've Got You Under My Skin", and "Fly Me To The Moon"

Comic numbers such as "Love and Marriage" (used as theme for American television comedy Married... with Children)

Torch songs such as "One for My Baby", "Angel Eyes", and "Drinking Again"

"It Was a Very Good Year" and "Summer Wind", which capture his mid-1960s persona of sentimental nostalgia

"That's Life", "My Way", and "New York, New York", which convey his late-stage attitude of bombastic defiance.

Three of his songs made #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 after the advent of the rock and roll era: "Learnin' the Blues" (1955), "Strangers in the Night" (1966), and "Somethin' Stupid" (1967), the last a duet with daughter Nancy.

New York is my favorite.