Do you have to eat meat to grow? or how do you grow?

do you grow from meat?

or do you grow from sleep...

please help me!

Favorite Answer

According to the ADA a vegetarian/vegan diet is appropriate for any stage of life.

http://www.eatright.org/cps/rde/xchg/ada/hs.xsl/ad...

If you eat a well balanced vegetarian diet it will not affect your health (except in a positive way). I have been a vegetarian since I was 9 and am now 6'2".

ok, believe me, meat has NOTHING to do with growth. I'm a vegetarian, sure I'm kinda short but, I've always been short and my mom who isn't a vegetarian is short too. You grow from a healthy diet, exercise, you grow IN your sleep. I've been a vegetarian for three years and lately I've been growing like crazy! Don't worry. Protein may help, but you don' t need meat for that. Hope this helped ;)

Well, sleep is very important. It's pretty obvious you don't need meat to help you grow up big and strong. That's just wicked advertising from meat companies to make you buy their products.

You grow because your genes tell your organism to grow, and your organism is healthy enough (that includes good sleep and nutrition) to follow genetic instructions.

Meat or other animal products like eggs and diary were part of virtually every human diet in history. It's possible to construct a healthy vegan diet, but you probably should try doing it on your own, or you'll miss some important micronutrients. Unless you have a very good reason to avoid animal products, don't. If you think you have a good reason, at least consult a real doctor, not random vegan loons from the Internet.

You grow by following a healthy diet, getting adequate sleep, and taking care of your health.

You can be a vegetarian and be healthy and grow. Meat isn't necessary for growth.

Since some people have grown up and never eaten meat their whole lives, I think it's safe to say that you can grow without meat.

Protein.

You mainly get it in meat, and that's why people say you should eat meat because it's the only way to get a complete protein.

But if you combine foods to make a complete protein, it's just the same.

I went to a nutritionist, she recommended beans and rice.

They taste fantastic together, and you get complete proteins!

I recall that there have been some studies done that showed that the amount of protein in a person's diet (and also their mother's diet while pregnant) seems to impact how tall they will become. One of the best sources of protein is meat. You can also get protein from non-meat sources like beans...but meat is the biggest source.

That said, I believe that growth is a combo of many factors.....your diet, your mother's diet while pregnant, your family genetics (how tall your parents & grandparents were), your health (early diseases and/or drugs could stunt your growth) etc.

.......so my best advice would be to eat well, take care of yourself, get plenty of sleep and exercise.

Meat is food and food will help you grow among other things.

To the one who keeps quoting the ADA in his posts (can't you come up with something on our own?): why did you conveniently omit the fact that the ADA recommends ham and turkey in tips on nutritional snacks for kids? it also includes all kinds of dairy which decidedly does not make it suitable for vegans. So if we are to follow what the ADA advises, does it mean that a vegan diet is not suitable for kids?

http://www.eatright.org/ada/files/Snacks_for_Kids_...

I basically do not work out ever. I am a vegetarian and I don't get the recommended ammount of sleep. Im 6'3 so these things that affect it are not that correct for my circumstance at least

Random vegan loons?

Sickley?

Wow, I happen to be really hot(Not trying to brag, lol, but I've been told that a few times...)

And you should consuklt your doctor, that is good advice.

To answer your question...no, you do not need meat to grow, it is mainly genetic. I also heard tomatoes help.....