If you voted for Obama, did you actually research his politics or were you just swayed by his charisma?

Be honest.

I'm not a replublican trying to bash democrats or anything, just a curious independent. I voted for him too, but just because i think he's better than McCain.

I think Obama has some good qualities, but one thing I noticed when i went to a speech he gave in my hometown was that he talked a lot in the speech but didn't "say" much. It was like: the current system is bad, the war is bad, America needs change and I'm going to bring the change. I'm sure there are plenty of college students like me that did research his politics, but I bet there were also a lot of people that only voted for him because of one or more of the following: his speaking ability, his looks, his age, his race, because people don't like Bush and assume McCain will be about the same.

Best Answer

Obama is anti war

McCain is pro war

Obama is pro choice

McCain is pro life

Obama wants affordable heath care for all

McCain wants Americans to have the money so they can "go out there and get their OWN heath care"

Obama is a democrat

McCain is a republican ..

Obama voted with president Bush 40% of the time

McCain voted with president Bush 90% of the time

McCain = Past

Obama = future

Obama is strong

McCain is stubborn

Obama doesn't think we should have been in Iraq in the first place

McCain thinks we're going great in Iraq and wants to do the same in Afghanistan

Obama made a good choice for VP (foreign affairs expert, Joe Biden)

McCain made a bad choice for VP, clearly to sway Hillary voters his way. (Brain dead, religious psycho maniac, Sarah Palin ..)

Obama is not anti-gay

McCain / Sarah Palin are basically anti-gay

(well they make anti gay comments anyway)

Obama wants to cut taxes for 95% of working American families ..

McCain .... hasn't said anything about the economy except "he doesn't know much about it.."

Obama is humble and has respect for all kinds of people

McCain is arrogant, old fashioned, and ignorant. (It's not that McCain doesn't care, It's that McCain doesn't KNOW! - Barack Obama)

Obama wants to create more new jobs and increase minimum wage.

McCain voted AGAINST increasing minimum wage 19 times.

Senator McCain also voted against woman's equal pay rights.

Sarah Palin and her cruel way of killing wolves is just wrong ..

-I don't like war.

-I want to have the right as a woman to make my own CHOICE

-I want tax cuts and since I have a "working American family" I fall into that category.

-I want a better heath-care and education plan!

-I'd like to go drive to a friends house without playing 60 bucks in gas to do it.

-I FEEL OBAMA CARES about all of America, not just upper class America.

-I want a change ..

If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're 'exotic, different.'

* Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, a quintessential American story.

* If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.

* Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you're a maverick.

* Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.

* Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded.

* If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.

* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive.

* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real Christian.

* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.

* If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.

* If , while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant , you're very responsible.

* If your wife is a Harvard graduate laywer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't represent America's.

* If you're husband is nicknamed 'First Dude', with at least one DWI conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.

Source(s): Me

well... in some speeches he says a lot... in others, maybe not so much...

depends...

the debates you could learn quite a bit...

and a question... why does no one ever ask this about McCain? McCain, as far as I could tell, actually said less and had less details than Obama...

about 70 percent of the time, he was just bashing Obama and I wonder how many actually had a clue where McCain himself stood?

I would bet it's about the same number that didn't know where Obama stood... funny how no one ever mentions that?

it's amazing how much power Rush and co. have...

He made the right choice for VP and McCain didn't. That's why I voted for him. I wanted Biden for Prez from the very beginning. If Obama picked Hillary, and McCain picked Romney I probably would have voted for McCain.

I voted for him cause he's not a white christian racist - it's time to take over their country. We're already doing it, check Obama's cabinet. With women and minorities in charge, white males are screwed!! Yay

I studied his resume and biography. I didn't see anything too shocking. And on top of that, he has charisma. For me, having a brain is the number one quality we should look for for our president. He clearly has one.

Some other candidates or already elected people don't. And it's a shame

humm

he's smart for one thing. No shoulder shaking or foot tappig.

I imagine you could just say that I like the man

and think he will make a great president.

enough said at this point.

Research, and I couldn't vote but I would have and helped sway...LOL

• Link

I liked his agenda. Progressive on healthcare and alternative energy, diplomacy and multilateralism instead of war and belligerency. He's a brilliant mind, and doesn't hurt that he's really passionate about his family.