How many acres would each person get if everyone on planet earth got an equal amount of land?

Can anyone figure this out?

Thanks, I knew I'd fall down on converting kilometers or miles to acres. I appreciate the response.

Plus I wanted to share the thought. Albeit socialist-like.

Favorite Answer

Total Earth's solid surface is , 57,500,000 sq mi. Now, there are 640 acres per square mile which when multiplies together =

36,800,000,000 total acres on land to be divided up.

Latest World census figures as of Dec. 10, 2008 = 6,867,020,300 people living on Earth as of today. Divide the acres of land by the number of people and you get = 5.36 acres of land for every single person on Earth.

I would like to request my land be on a Hawaiian beach and not Antarctica, thanks!!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Can anyone figure this out?

Source(s): acres person planet earth equal amount land: https://tr.im/P7d8Z

Amount Of Land On Earth

However, consider that there is only 12 million square miles (7.68 billion acres) of arable land on the planet.

And, ignore for a moment that arable land is being lost at a rate of 38,610 square miles per year.

In 2006, there was 1.15 acres of arable land per person, world-wide (i.e. 7.68 billion acres / 6.68 billion people).

By 2039, there may be only 0.59 acres of arable land per person, world-wide (i.e. 7.68 billion acres / 13 billion people).

You can't figure this to answer your question. Anyone up for owning land in the Mariana Trench? People are born and die continously. Little off question, but reminds me of future jobs. I know people with 5 kids. That's 10 jobs to be created in the future since each kid will likely need two jobs to get by...sad. If the world was flat, minus volcanoes, oceans and polar caps, around two square feet per person.

5 acres each of arable non arable land, if all land mass was divided equally. However the habitable and arable land is approximately 25,000,000 acres which leaves .0035 acres per person or a space 165' x 165'. To live in areas called uninhabitable would require massive amounts of resources and energy ! 1950 earth population 2.5 billion, 2017 7.1 billion, in 67 years nearly tripled ! Imagine the next 70 years if the population just doubles 14.2 billion our space for each 82.5' x 82.5', how can the earth sustain that massive population ?

you don't need much land to live off, 4,000 meters squared is the traditional going rate. but there are permaculturists who are almost self sufficient on 1/10th of an acre, in scotland! short growing season, cold climate. the tropics off non stop growing season so 1/20 of an acre should do it. of course in uk we'd still need to guy essentials like chocolate, tea and coffee etc but with additions such as aquaponics, vertical growing etc we could be self sufficient in much smaller spaces than you think, including in deserts etc, growing indoors means weather is irrelevant-full control. we should be building houses and growing food in deserts etc and having more wild spaces for the rest of the creatures that we share the earth with!

I own only 0.15 Acres of Land! Where can I complaint to get the remaing balance of Land?!

You have to discount all the uninhabitable areas such as deserts, mountains, polar regions. With this it would probably end up being an acre per person.

4 acres.