Has anyone else experienced weird weather lately?

we live at the coast in sub tropical climate its almost like a jungle, and 2 weeks ago for the first time ever there was a tornado that wreaked parts of our town, it was the scariest sound i had ever heard something like a jet plane landing in our garden, it just missed our house but strong trees were ripped out by... show more we live at the coast in sub tropical climate its almost like a jungle, and 2 weeks ago for the first time ever there was a tornado that wreaked parts of our town, it was the scariest sound i had ever heard something like a jet plane landing in our garden, it just missed our house but strong trees were ripped out by the roots and trees split and trashed in our garden, we were fortunate but many people lost their homes and about 7 people were killed, it was so scarey driving through town as peoples roofs were thrown hundreds of meters away from there homes alot of roofs that were ripped up were corrugated iron and they flew so far and hung over power lines and found deep in bushes, does anyone have some stories for me of experiencing extreme weather unusaul to their climate? and does anyone know what casues a tornado? thanks
Update: rsmd- thanks for all your answers- rsmd there were large hail stones just after that scarey noise, they hit before we closed all the windows and our bed was in the middle of a large room about 3 meters away from the window and hail stones were on outbed! shame i know lots of people that were caught outside were... show more rsmd- thanks for all your answers- rsmd there were large hail stones just after that scarey noise, they hit before we closed all the windows and our bed was in the middle of a large room about 3 meters away from the window and hail stones were on outbed! shame i know lots of people that were caught outside were pumelled by the hard ice.
6 answers 6