How to get free credit report after being denied credit?

I was denied a credit card. I would like to take advantage of the free credit report that they said I was entitled to due to being denied; but it does not give me any information of how to get that free credit report. thanks

Best Answer

Look closely at the letter of denial that you received in the mail. If you applied online or in a store, you should get a letter in a few days.

That letter should state which credit bureau they used to determine your eligibility. The letter should also have contact information for that bureau.

If there is no information, just go online the website of whichever bureau they used to request your report

Here are four tips for getting your free credit report:

Tip 1: Watch your spelling if you type in the web address (rather than click on our link) -- many of the bogus sites are just one letter away from the site you want.

Tip 2: To gain maximum benefit, you may want to space out your free credit reports from each of the 3 credit bureaus over the year. This will allow you to see changes that occur over time.

Tip 3: Print or download your credit report(s) immediately. You may not be able to gain access again for free later.

Tip 4: After you get your free credit report, quit your browser so no one else can access it.

For financial and credit subject I was search for solutions at this site: HTTP://HELP.LOANHUNTER.NET

RE How to get free credit report after being denied credit?

once you receive the letter saying u were denied it gives clear instructions on how to obtain the free credit report.. usually its just a phone call away

You can go to freecreditreport.com, but make sure to cancel within 7 days or you'll be charged (that's why they need a debit #).

Here's a link on how to cancel, that way the report will really be free: