Should I learn the C programming language?

I already know a little more than the basics of C++ and Object Oriented Programming, but I will be taking an Operating Systems class next semester in which we will be programming in C. So my question is, will learning C give me a deeper understanding of C++ or should I not bother and just continue to learn more about C++?

Thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

The answer to your question relies on what you want to learn or which direction you want to go. If you want to deal with higher level developments, like software designer, then I would suggest you go on with some higher level languages such as Java, Python, or PHP. On the other hand, if you want to be a technical savvy knowing how to get around and solving all sorts of problem on lower levels, then go ahead and take C seriously, or even learn some assembly language.

That said, I don't know what the answer will be, but you do.

With C which is different than C++, as with any new programming language working another way, you will get wider horizon for looking for solutions of problems and its nature.

C++ is based on C. You can code in C if you know C++.

There are only few differences which you need to know.

Visit:

http://yenigul.net/tpop/handouts/CPP_to_C.htm

C is better for lower level programming.

Like drivers.

• Stick to C++

Source(s): Personal experience

You know C++, you then know C.