Are there verses in the Bible that support breastfeeding?

I read a post by Jaiden's Mommy earlier and cant email her regarding this, so does anyone know verses in the Bible that discusses God's feelings on breastfeeding. She said God led Eve the way?

Just looking to find verses that shows BFing "pleases" God.

Thanks

Could I have the verses if you know?

Thanks

She said God showed Eve how to breastfeed...I just was wondering where in addition to where else BFing is mentioned

Favorite Answer

Luke 11:27 (King James Version)

27And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.

Genesis 21:7

7And she said, Who would have said unto Abraham, that Sarah should have given children suck? for I have born him a son in his old age.

genesis 49:25

Even by the God of thy father, who shall help thee; and by the Almighty, who shall bless thee with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lieth under, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb:

Psalm 8:2

Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.

Samuel 1:21-23

When the man Elkanah went up with all his family to offer the annual sacrifice to the Lord and to fulfill his vow, Hannah did not go. She said to her husband, "After the boy is weaned, I will take him and present him before the Lord, and he will live there always.""Do what seems best to you," Elkanah her husband told her. "Stay here until you have weaned him; only may the Lord make good his word." So the woman stayed at home and nursed her son until she had weaned him.

Isaiah 60:15,16

"Although you have been forsaken and hated, with no one traveling through, I will make you the everlasting pride and the joy of all generations. You will drink the milk of nations and be nursed at royal breasts. Then you will know that I, the LORD, am your Savior, your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.

Isaiah 49:15, 16

15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. 16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

Considering there were no other alternatives 2000 years ago, I don't think you'll see breastfeeding getting a shout out in the bible.

I know i shouldn't ask, but I can't help myself. What did jayden's mommy say about breastfeeding and god. I have a feeling that I'll find it entertaining.

Added: That's neat. All of the other mammals knew how to do it on their own, but the primate with the big brain needed divine intervention?

• Josh6

Yes, I believe Eve did that back in the Garden of Eden.

Source(s): The Unveiling of the Trinity http://firmchristianity.blogspot.com

I think there is a verse referring to Jesus saying "blessed is the breast that suckled you".

Found it: Luke 11:27

How else do you suppose they fed babies in those days? It wasn't something that needed "support". It was just the universal norm. That is the purpose of breasts after all!

god made breast swell with milk. i'm sure if she/he wanted us not to breast feed. then he/she would have made the milk come out of our hands. is this what you are getting at?

i'm just curious.