Is Bush the first president to ever have gasoline prices go down while he was president ?

.

Gasoline was $1.78 a gallon when Bush took office.

Now gasoline is down to $1.50 a gallon.

Wouldn't that make Bush the first President ever, to lower gasoline prices ?

John D, actually i paid $1.44 a gallon last week, they are lower today.

In Northern Tennessee by Fort Campbell

Best Answer

Make a note of all this. After years of blaming Bush for high gas prices, this will be the first time you ever hear liberals admit that the Presidency has nothing to do with the fluctuating gas prices.

As a Democrat, I voted for the president in 2000, and again in 2004. I would vote for him again today. Why? I want my Commander-in-Chief to stand behind me when I stand in front of the bullets. He's not failed me yet. Those who oppose the president, clearly do not understand the full scope of the difficulties surrounding this particular administration. During his tenure, the president has dealt with the worst terrorist attack ever perpetrated against US interests; he's dealt with extreme natural disasters both domestically, and abroad; changed two unstable global Islamo-fascist governments who condoned and supported terrorists; faced a space shuttle tragedy; had to stablilze the economy after 9/11, the economy of which is a positive global 'engine'; had to reassess the management of FEMA; established the Department of Homeland Security and the TSA; had to re-evaluate and modify the management and structure of the intelligence community; had to move toward greater intelligence sharing; endured leaks of sensitive intelligence through democratic ideologues such as Ted Kennedy, Dianne Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, Sen. Murtha, and Jimmy Carter (not including the leaks that happen frequently from the SSCI). These are just a few of the difficulties that have challenged and been met firmly by President Bush. As a Democrat, I'll spare you the 'he stole the presidency!' issue, since not only is it ridiculous in premise, it showed the lack of political savvy once employed by the democrats on the merits of their platform alone. Finally, as a citizen of the United States, I don't have any trouble with the wiretapping program. I have nothing to hide, and if it will stop another 9/11, I'm all for it. By the way, if you want to know who initiated the Patriot Act, you might want to consider some of the democratic names I listed above. So...Yes, I approve of the president, and I approve of his actions in office. The government of the United States is not 'one man.' There are three levels of government, and all of them are culpable for the decisions they make. Bottom-line is this: I often read questions like this on Yahoo Answers but the only problem is, the person asking them, and the people responding, don't offer any reasons behind their 'dislike' or hatred of President Bush. If you think you can do the job better, tell us how you'd do it. Be proactive.

yes because he sacred them when he threatened to investigate them but that's something you'll never hear on the news. Just like after 9/11 economically we are MUCH better then we should be. A LOT of business closed down so we should be in actual turmoil (not the supposed turmoil of today where every has 3 cars, Iphones and afford $4 venti lattes at starbucks everyday) If this had happened a 2 months later you bet that would be congratulating Obama for lowering gas prices and not say it was for a lower demand in gas.

Some of these answers are really funny. All of the responder saying that Bush has nothing to do with the prices coming down were probably screaming that he was to blame when it was $4.00 + per gallon. Of course he has nothing to do with either but by their thinking he is to blame for the high prices but they will not credit him for the lower prices. Such hypocrites!

John D, I am paying $1.44 also on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

• chukki

From what I understand, Bush did not loweer prices. Americans are conserving more and thus the demand has fallen and the Arabs need to sell product. It is all supply and demand. GO GREEN!

Well....

this proves it:

Bush is a much greater president than Heir Clinton. Oh, no, wait... Clinton had that fictitious surplus.... Oh, no wait, these gas prices aren't fictitious.

Who care's about gas, I got me a electric car and now I understand that congress is going after battery makers. Crap! I can't get ahead for nothing. What's next Carbon Dioxide? Crap! What am I to do?

no. he didn't lower them personally. its the world market that cause the prices to fluctuate.

and i you are asking if this is the first time the oil has dropped this significantly while a president was in office, the answer is no, there have been other fluctuations that are greater than this one in history.

Wow, what a short memory. Did you forget the record high's set under his presidency?

• Boss H

NO

There are several Presidents that where in office when speculators were spooked by poor economic conditions causing them to ditch their oi investments for safer ground.