Does it snow in Dallas, Texas?

does it snow every year in Dallas? if so, is it alot that you can make a snowman?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I've lived in the Dallas metroplex my whole life and I think it's snowed at least once almost every year - but maybe sometimes for only 10 minutes or so. It almost always doesn't stick and isn't enough to make a snowman. You'll still see people try - they'll have these miniature, pathetic, grey, under-the-car-snow snowmen in their driveways.

Last year, I lived in Denton and we actually got about 7" of snow in March, it was very unusual. It had been in the 70's just a few days prior. They closed schools for 3 days even though everything had melted by the 3rd day.

You'll see that alot here too - people overreact BIG time to snowy/icy weather. But maybe for good reason: people here don't know how to drive on roads that are the least bit icy.

Source(s): Dallas native, moving away for the first time soon and terrified of how much colder/snowier it will be
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

it doesn't snow every year and usually it does not stick. It did snow in parts of dallas last night. If it does snow, it is usually 70 the next day so the snow all melts, but some times you can make a snow man (or more often an iceman). Last march it dropped from 80 and snowed 6 inches or more in some parts in 36 hours, and that snow stuck around for a day or two.

Source(s): Lived in DFW 21 years... seen the ice and snow every single year.
  • Jeklo
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Usually, we get one snowy day a year sometimes two. Most of the time its in January or February. Every now and then its around Thanksgiving and I have personally only seen 2 somewhat white Christmas's. This last year we got some real big flakes that fell for several hours and we were able to make an honest to goodness Texas sized snowman (although you should read that as an oxymoron lol) It's not normal for the DFW to get huge flakes or even for it to stick. They have a saying here in Texas, if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it will change.

Source(s): have lived in DFW for 23 years
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Dallas? Close to Houston? That's about like saying New York City is close to Washington DC. On the occasions that it HAS snowed in Dallas, I don't remember it sticking for more than a few hours at worst. It's not unusual, though to have an ice storm that can really thin out the traffic for a day once a year. Maybe twice in a bad year.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It may snow a few times a year, but some winters will have no snow. It almost never accumulates enough to make a snowman.

• 1 decade ago

Why yes it does...we did start getting some snow mixed with sleet these past few hours.

Last year we had a good day of it which resulted in 4+ inches of snow.

It does not happen often but we always enjoy when it does

• 1 decade ago

It does only once or twice but melts fat in Fort Worth area. Mostly we get nasty ice and slush. About 3 years ago a lovely snow arrived for Valentines day. But melted about noon.

Source(s): lived in Fort Worth 28 yrs
  • It Sleets More Than It Snows

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It doesn't snow every year. We are lucky if we get snow. So you cant make snowmen down here.We get more ice and slick. Now it does snow up there in the panhandle around Oklahoma.

Source(s): I live in that area all my life
  • 1 decade ago

More like icemen. Never enough accumulation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.