What are some cool indie bands?

I really like indie music but I don't really know a lot of indie bands can you help me?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Main indie rock genres after 2000:

* Post-punk revival: Placebo, Arctic Monkeys[1], Maxïmo Park, Franz Ferdinand[1], Editors, The Cribs, The Killers, Kaiser Chiefs, TV on the Radio, Bloc Party, The Futureheads, Interpol, Boy Kill Boy, Dirty Pretty Things, Kill Hannah

* Garage rock revival: The White Stripes, The Vines, The Strokes[1], Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Kings of Leon, The Subways, The Libertines, The Hives, Ikara Colt, Motel Motel, Mclusky, Mooney Suzuki, The Horrors, The Von Bondies, The Black Keys, Dirty Little Rabbits, The Raconteurs, Johnossi

* Dance-punk: Death From Above 1979, Metric, MGMT, CSS, The Rapture, Klaxons, The Presets, MSTRKRFT, You Say Party! We Say Die!, Shitdisco, Hot Chip, LCD Soundsystem, New Young Pony Club, !!!, Q and Not U, Foals, Does It Offend You, Yeah?, Cut Copy, The Ting Tings, VHS or Beta,The Faint

Additional, less clearly defined genres include:

* Baroque pop: Arcade Fire[1], Danielson Famile, Sufjan Stevens[1], The Decemberists, John Vanderslice, Broken Social Scene, Stars, Cloud Cult, Vampire Weekend, The Wombats

* New prog: Mew, Porcupine Tree, Muse, The Mars Volta, Coheed and Cambria, The Secret Machines, Los Hermanos, Battles, People in Planes, Doves,[2] Mystery Jets,[3] Oceansize,[4] Pure Reason Revolution[5]

* Post-rock: Explosions in the Sky, Pelican, Sigur Rós, Mogwai, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Slint, Tortoise, Mono

* New folk[6]: Animal Collective,[6] Joanna Newsom,[6] CocoRosie,[6] Devendra Banhart,[6] Six Organs of Admittance,[6] The Angels of Light,[6] Vetiver,[6] Espers,[6] Wooden Wand and the Vanishing Voice.[6],Lightspeed Champion, Laura Marling, Beirut.

Source(s): wiki
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Grandaddy

Every Other Fate

Pavement

Centro-Matic

Maritime

Pinback

The Promise Ring

Built to Spill

Archers of Loaf

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.