I was having a hard time figuring this out..?
Given a 100 g sample of each of the following liquids at 25C, which would have the highest temperature after a 1.00 g of iron (sp heat = 0.449 J ) at 50C was added?
* water (sp heat = 4.184 J/gc )
* ethanol (sp heat = 2.46 J/gc )
* mercury (sp heat = 0.139 J/gc)
* methanol (sp heat = 2.51 J/gc)
* ethylene glycol (sp heat = 2.35 J/gc )
- BobWangLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
Adding the same amount of heat will see largest temperature increase in the liquid with the lowest specific heat, which is mercury.