Can I refinance my first mortgage only?

I have a first mortgage and a home equity loan. Can I refinance just the first mortgage only? I am also looking at rolling it all into a single refinance as well, but appraised value may not allow that. If I refinance the first mortgage, that would still greatly reduce my monthly payments and allow me to pay... show more I have a first mortgage and a home equity loan. Can I refinance just the first mortgage only?

I am also looking at rolling it all into a single refinance as well, but appraised value may not allow that. If I refinance the first mortgage, that would still greatly reduce my monthly payments and allow me to pay more on the home equity loan.
Update: Helen- what are the terms of your loan?
Update 2: Dave- I agree on the Helen thing, I threw the question up there just to see if I would get a response from her. I have 260k on one, and 62k on the helo. Unfortunately, my home is most like valued at $300k. So, from what I understand, I need the holder of the 2nd to subordinate. Any insight as to if lenders... show more Dave- I agree on the Helen thing, I threw the question up there just to see if I would get a response from her.

I have 260k on one, and 62k on the helo. Unfortunately, my home is most like valued at $300k. So, from what I understand, I need the holder of the 2nd to subordinate. Any insight as to if lenders are doing that?