Moral Relativism vs. Moral Absolutism?

A poll for Catholics and Christians only please... Today's culture is widely driven by a changing moral code that says something to the effect of; "Just because you think it is wrong does not mean it is wrong for me." This is an example of moral relativism. Historically, Christians of most flavors, followed... show more A poll for Catholics and Christians only please...

Today's culture is widely driven by a changing moral code that says something to the effect of; "Just because you think it is wrong does not mean it is wrong for me." This is an example of moral relativism.

Historically, Christians of most flavors, followed a code that would say that there are moral absolutes. Right and wrong seemed fairly cut and dry. For Christians it was clear that the bible gave us guidelines for moral living.

These days questions such as the murder of unborn children, adultery, homosexuality are seen as gray areas by many in the Church. Are there no more moral absolutes?

The liberal homosexual agenda would have you believe that it is good for a marriage to end in divorce because one spouse realized he or she were gay -- this just "celebrates their sexuality." Planned Parenthood would have us believe that an unborn child is nothing more than worthless tissue. Christians have traditionally believed that all life is God-given, beginning at conception, and that terminating an "unwanted" pregnancy is equivalent to murder.

My question for you today is; Do you as a Christian believe in Moral Relativism or Moral Absolutism? What are your thoughts?

Kindest regards,

Fr. Michael Callahan
Update: Details:
I disagree with those who say that Christians only speculate or "postulate" regarding life beginning at conception.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart…”
Jeremiah 1:5
Update 2: This question is not about Christians being perfect! I am not suggesting that there have never been times where Christians have acted wrongly. No, there are no lies here, especially regarding the "Homosexual Agenda." Yes there is a radical homosexual agenda. I will be posting some evidence regarding... show more This question is not about Christians being perfect! I am not suggesting that there have never been times where Christians have acted wrongly.

No, there are no lies here, especially regarding the "Homosexual Agenda." Yes there is a radical homosexual agenda. I will be posting some evidence regarding this subject this evening on my blog: http://360.yahoo.com/old.catholic. I have several articles there already on the subject.