please please please help! anything helps!?

i'm horrible with history and im having trouble with these questions... please even if you know just one can you help me? thanks in advance!

21. The first and only president of the Confederacy was (a) Robert E Lee (b) Alexander Stephens (c) Jefferson Davis (d) Howell Cobb

22. The Civil War mostly effected women in the North by expanding their ‘proper spheres’ by working as army nurses and replacing male workers. (a) true (b) false

23. The measures restricting former slaves to working in farming and domestic service were the (a) Reconstruction Acts (b) Scalawag codes (c) Redeemer codes (d) Black codes

24. During the bitter days of Reconstruction, most Northerners (a) believed in giving blacks the vote (b) opposed true equality for blacks (c) were not concerned at al about blacks (d) completely supported the radical Republicans .

25. The Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution became embroiled in a debate between blacks right and the rights of (a) Native Americans (b) whites (c) women (d) immigrants

26. Ida B Welles was first a foremost (a) journalist (b) equal rights advocate (b) southern supporter (c) political activists

27. According to the Emancipation Proclamation, all slaves were free after Jan 1, 1883

28. President Lincoln believed that Fort Sumter could be resupplied without incident (a) True (b) False

29. Nat Turner's religious convictions were a driving force in his efforts to lead a slave revolt (a) True (b) False

30. Which of the following was least accurate regarding the Shakers (a) They were led by Ann Lee (b) active in politics (c) made beautiful furniture (d) believed in music and dance

31. Antonio Santa Anna was best known (a) domestic political leader (b) able dipomat (c) friend of the U S (d) a military leader

32. Andrew Jackson believed that government jobs should be held only b yhr most qualified candidates (a) True (b) False

33. Jacksonian democracy focused on (a) all males having the right to vote (b) women having the right to vote (c) both a and b are true (d) neither a nor b is true

34. As a presidential candidate in 1844, Jame K Polk openly advocated Texas annexation (a) True (b) False

35. Since it was a local event the California godl rush had little national importance (a) True (b) False

36. While most radical republicans supported expanded opportunities for blacks after the Cvil War, they also had compassion and support for former Confederates (a) True (b) False

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

21. b

22.b

23. d

24. a

26.b equal rights

27. true

28.a

29 b

31 d

32. b

33. a

34. a

35. b

36. a

Source(s): i'm a history major. some i'm not positive about but i'm pretty sure about most. hope it helped
  • 1 decade ago

1. The first and only president of the Confederacy was (a) Robert E Lee

22. The Civil War mostly effected women in the North by expanding their ‘proper spheres’ by working as army nurses and replacing male workers. (a) true

23. The measures restricting former slaves to working in farming and domestic service were the (d) Black codes

24. During the bitter days of Reconstruction, most Northerners (a) believed in giving blacks the vote

25. The Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution became embroiled in a debate between blacks right and the rights of (b) whites

26. Ida B Welles was first a foremost (b) equal rights advocate

27. According to the Emancipation Proclamation, all slaves were free after Jan 1, 1883

28. President Lincoln believed that Fort Sumter could be resupplied without incident (b) False

29. Nat Turner's religious convictions were a driving force in his efforts to lead a slave revolt (a) True

30. Which of the following was least accurate regarding the Shakers (d) believed in music and dance

31. Antonio Santa Anna was best known (a) domestic political leader

32. Andrew Jackson believed that government jobs should be held only b yhr most qualified candidates (a) True

33. Jacksonian democracy focused on (d) neither a nor b is true

34. As a presidential candidate in 1844, Jame K Polk openly advocated Texas annexation (a) True

35. Since it was a local event the California godl rush had little national importance (b) False

36. While most radical republicans supported expanded opportunities for blacks after the Cvil War, they also had compassion and support for former Confederates (b) False

• 1 decade ago

L did pretty well except for the first question. Jefferson Davis was the first and only President of the Confederacy. Robert E. Lee was the General that commanded the whole Confederate army. Look it up.

• 1 decade ago

All you need to do is research the topic . I would usually do it for you but there are 36 questions, its 6 in the morning and its not my homework its yours :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.