Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

What are some quotes from twilight that tell you the theme or tone of the book?

• Jo W
    Favorite Answer

"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars --points of light and reason....And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything"

That's a beautiful literary metaphor, perfect for a report.

There's also the famous "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."

Probably not much use in a report but I love "Oh, a sadistic vampire, intent on torturing her to death, sure, no problem, she runs off to meet him. An IV, on the other hand... "

Renee said: "There's something strange about the way you two are together... the way he watches you- it's so... protective. like he's about to throw himself in fromt of a bullet to save you or something"

and "Sleep, my Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love. "

A sweet Edward quote, totally shows how much he loves her.

*"No, I don't want to be without you, Bella, of course not. Be rational. And I have no problem with saving you, either — if it weren't for the fact that I was the one putting you in danger… that I'm the reason that you're here." -Edward Cullen

*"You are my life. You're the only thing it would hurt me to lose." -Bella Swan

In New Moon:

*"So maybe this is hell. I don't care. I'll take it." - Edward Cullen

*"How can I put this so that you'll believe me? You're not asleep, and you're not dead. I'm here, and I love you. I have always loved you, and I will always love you. I was thinking of you, seeing your face in my mind, every second that I was away. When I told you that I didn't want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy." - Edward Cullen

In Eclipse: I have a few faves..

*"There's something... strange about the way you two are together... The way he watches you—it's so... protective. Like he's about to throw himself in front of a bullet to save you or something." — Renee Dwyer

*"Do you ever think that your life might be easier if you weren't in love with me?" — Edward Cullen

*"Besides... the more time I spend with you, the more human emotions seem comprehensible to me. I'm discovering that I can sympathize with Heathcliff in ways I didn't think possible before." — Edward Cullen

In Breaking Dawn: my favorite will always be that last line..

"And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever."

..as you can see, I usually like Edward's lines because they tend to be with deeper meanings! I LOVE IT..

=d

Twilight Saga By Stephanie Meyer Blue Bloods Series by Melissa de La Cruz House of Night Series by PC and Kristen Cast Sookie Stakhouse Novels by Charlaine Harris

http://www.twilight-quotes.com/books/twilight/twil... go to This website. I Personally Think This One Sums It All Up "About 3 things i was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him, and i didnt know how dominant that part might be, that thirsted for my blood. And third, i was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him"

"and so the lion fell in love with the lamb"

"i'd never given much thought to how i would die, but dying in the place of someone i love seemed like a good way to go."

(foreshadows bella being attacked by james)

"THERE WERE THREE THINGS I WAS ABSOLUTELY SURE OF:

1 EDWARD WAS A VAMPIRE

2 THERE WAS A PART OF HIM AND I DIDNT KNOW HOW DOMINANT THAT PART MIGHT BE THAT THIRSTED FOR MY BLOOD

3 I WAS UNCONDITIONALLY AND IRREVOCABLY IN LOVE WITH HIM "

well most people use the ones on the back........

THERE WERE THREE THINGS I WAS ABSOLUTELY SURE OF:

1 EDWARD WAS A VAMPIRE

3 I WAS UNCONDITIONALLY AND IRREVOCABLY IN LOVE WITH HIM

a love story with a bite?

it shows the romance, 'fell in love', and also how hes a predator and shes the prey, (lion, lamb)

" how old are you?" "17" "How long have you been 17?" "A while"

"Look at my junk!" (172)