do you think this is right?

ok i heard if your prego that you can pick like you childs eye color and other stuff like that do you think that is right or is it like saying i dont want child to be born a certain way?

• Favorite Answer

No i don't think its right. God intended for us to be how we are we shouldn't change it especially on a baby. Let your baby be the way it's supossed to be.

Designer babies are a terrible idea. Thank God they are still just an idea. Only the rich will be able to afford to pick and choose attributes they want. Every one else will just have to have regular ones. This will make a huge gap in intellect and beauty. The standards of education will become skewed. Our society's obsession with perfection will make these designer babies a hot commodity and will elevate them to a better status than the rest of us.

The only things that can change after conception is the health of the baby . Eating healthy and not smoking or drinking can have a possitive effect on the babys health. Hair color, eye color. skin tone are out of your hands.

it's kinda wrong, in my opinion. you shouldnt pick how a child looks. a child is not a doll, its gods creation. you shouldn't just be able to pick and choose if a child has blue or brown eyes, if its a boy or girl, or blonde hair. isn't everyone supposed to be different? if you can pick what your child looks like, every baby might end up being blonde hair and blue eyed. not right.

I definitely don't agree with genetic alterations! Last I knew, God picked the gender of a child as well as skin, hair & eye color.

From what I've heard, they have successfully changed a baby's eye color in the womb, but I don't think it's out for "commercial" use yet. They're probably still testing it and making sure it's safe.

Source(s): Rumors

I don't think is right the baby will initially look like you are someone in your family why would you want to change that and what's wrong with a little surprise why do people have to control everything

Select children? Well it does go against some "moral" values, however if you want your child to have a higher information retention rate then go right ahead. I think that making smart babies is a good thing, we need more intelligent people

you cannot pick your childs eye color under normal circumstances.

its actually called genetic engineering and its not being done at all.. its just a theory.

but no its not right, its like making a trophy child and expecting them to be perfect.

• Mrs.C

there had been a case study that there are women who prefer to have kids without necessarily getting married. they go to the nearest facility and pick the profile of their ideal donor. They refer to the donor's profession, interests and history.. then they can pick the eye colour, hair colour & skin colour preferences. despite that reality I have not heard of picking your child's eye colour when you are already pregnant! it happens before the fact.

That seems inhumane. We are born a certain way for a reason and it is no persons right to say how a person should look.