Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Whats are the best dough cookies to make? (please have recipies)?

Im Making cookies for christmas presents. and i am making them from scratch, i dont need any low cal ones, unless you have them, because just this time my moms letting me make them unhealthy.

im 14, but i love to bake.

i'd like to make dough ones, im not sure what to call them, but ones i can use cookie cutters.

Update:

i need recipies and kinds.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Sugar cookies are the ones you usually cut out.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Mary's Sugar Cookies

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 60 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Chapter 6 Rolling in Dough

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1 cup butter or margarine -- softened

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 teaspoon almond extract

1 egg

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon cream of tartar

Granulated sugar

Beat powdered sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in vanilla, almond extract and egg. Stir in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.

Heat oven to 375º. Roll half of dough at a time 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured cloth-covered surface. Cut into desired shapes. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until light brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

++++++++++++++++++++

Please note, if you should change this recipe it will no longer be an approved Betty Crocker® Recipe.

You may notice that the nutritional information calculated by MasterCook is different from the nutritional information listed in the Betty Crocker® cookbooks. Because MasterCook and Betty Crocker® use different nutritional analysis programs and different nutrient databases, variations in results are expected.

Description:

"Sweet, crisp sugar cookies have made the grade throughout the years. Whether sprinkled with colored sugar, frosted or elaborately decorated, they're as popular as ever."

S(Internet Address):

"For more great ideas visit my Web site at: www.bettycrocker.com"

Copyright:

"© General Mills, Inc. 1998."

T(Chill):

"2:00"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 59 Calories; 3g Fat (48.0% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 4mg Cholesterol; 58mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : Cookie Tips

One of the nice things about rolled cookies is that they will wait until you are ready to bake them. Because the dough can always be refrigerated (and can be frozen, too), they're very convenient. We love them because they present lots of opportunity for creativity. Simple cookies are ideal for teaching the beginning baker how to handle a rolling pin.

Make It Your Way

Fruit-Flavored Sugar Cookies are very easy to make. Just sprinkle the cut out cookies with fruit-flavored gelatin instead of granulated sugar.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 4098 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

No-Roll Sugar Cookies

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 114 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Chapter 5 Hand-Shaped & Pressed Cookies

1 cup granulated sugar

1 cup powdered sugar

1 cup butter or margarine -- softened

1 cup vegetable oil

2 teaspoons vanilla

3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 cup cornstarch

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon cream of tartar

1/2 teaspoon salt

Granulated sugar

Beat sugars, butter, oil and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients except granulated sugar. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.

Heat oven to 375º. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Press bottom of glass into dough to grease, then dip into granulated sugar; press on shaped dough until about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until set but not brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

++++++++++++++++++++

Please note, if you should change this recipe it will no longer be an approved Betty Crocker® Recipe.

You may notice that the nutritional information calculated by MasterCook is different from the nutritional information listed in the Betty Crocker® cookbooks. Because MasterCook and Betty Crocker® use different nutritional analysis programs and different nutrient databases, variations in results are expected.

Description:

"The powdered sugar and cornstarch in these cookies produce a very delicate, tender, melt-in-your mouth cookie."

S(Internet Address):

"For more great ideas visit my Web site at: www.bettycrocker.com"

Copyright:

"© General Mills, Inc. 1998."

Yield:

"114 Cookies"

T(Chill):

"2:00"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 60 Calories; 4g Fat (53.4% calories from fat); trace Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 39mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : Make It Your Way

To make Brown Sugar Maple No-Roll Sugar Cookies, substitute 1 cup packed brown sugar for the 1 cup granulated sugar and substitute 2 teaspoons maple extract for the 2 teaspoons vanilla.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 4098 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Chocolate Pinwheels

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 84 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

6 tablespoons shortening

6 tablespoons butter -- softened

1 cup sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 1/2 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

2 ounces unsweetened chocolate -- melted and cooled

Mix well shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir in.

Divide dough into two parts. Into one part, blend melted and cooled chocolate. Chill. Roll white dough into an oblong, 12 x 9. Roll chocolate dough same size and lay on top of white. Roll together until 3/16-inch thick. Roll up tightly beginning at wide end. Chill. Cut 1/8-inch slices. Bake at 400 degrees F 8 to 10 minutes. Makes 7 dozen.

S(Internet Address):

""

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 42 Calories; 2g Fat (45.0% calories from fat); trace Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 2mg Cholesterol; 40mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1 c. butter, softened

1 c. sugar

1 egg

2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. vanilla

2 3/4 c. flour

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In large bowl cream butter and sugar with electric mixer. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add baking powder and flour, 1 cup at a time. Mix well. The dough will be stiff, blend last cup of flour in by hand. Do not chill dough.

Note: Dough can be tinted with food coloring.

Roll dough out to 1/8 inch thick. Dip cutters in flour before each use. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet on top rack of oven for 6 to 7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Makes approximately 3 dozen 3 inch cookies.

ADD FROSTING ??

INGREDIENTS

4 cups confectioners' sugar

1/2 cup shortening

5 tablespoons milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

food coloring

Add to Recipe Box

My folders:

DIRECTIONS

In a large bowl, cream together the confectioners' sugar and shortening until smooth. Gradually mix in the milk and vanilla with an electric mixer or spoon until smooth and stiff, about 5 minutes. add food coloring or sprinkles if desired.

• 4 years ago

Snickerdoodles 1 c shortening 1-1/2 c sugar 2 eggs 2-3/4 c flour 2 t cream of tartar 1 t soda 1/2 t salt Mix together shortening, sugar and eggs. Sift together flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt and mix with other mixture. Chill dough. Roll into balls the size of small walnuts. Roll in a mixture of 2 T sugar and 2 t cinnamon. (I put my cinnamon and sugar in a baggie and shake about 6 balls of dough at a time, it covers better). Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned but still soft in 400 degree oven about 8-10 minutes. Makes 4 dozen. No Bake Cookies 2 c sugar 4 T cocoa 1/2 c milk 1 stick margarine 1/2 c peanut butter 1 t vanilla 3 c quick cook oatmeal Stir together sugar, cocoa, milk butter then place over heat and bring to a boil. Boil one minute (no more, just one minute). Add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. Mix well and drop by teaspoonful on waxed paper. Makes 4 dozen. Peanut Butter Cookies 1 c margarine 1 c white sugar 1 c brown sugar 1 t salt 2 eggs 1 c peanut butter 2 1/2 c flour 1 t soda Mix margarine, sugars, salt and eggs. Add peanut butter. Stir in flour sifted with soda. Form into balls the size of a small walnut and place on greased cookie sheet. Press down with fork in two directions, making a cross . Bake at 375 degrees 8-10 minutes. Makes 4 dozen. Hope these help. Have fun.

• 1 decade ago

ok i have 2 i make every year with my daughter they always get eatin up and we are asked for more!!!!

gingerbread kids

2 ripe banans 4 cups allpurpose flour

1 1/2 teaspoons of ginger 1 teaspoon of banking soda

1 taspoon cinnamon 1/2 cup butter

1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup molasses

mash bananas until smooth, combine all dry ingrediants, cream butter and sugar untill fluffy add bananas and molasas mix then add dry ingrediants mix all untill well blended refriderate 1 hour take out roll out and bake on cookie sheet @ 375 for 10 to 15 min

kringle cut outs

1 1/2 cups sugar 1 butter flavored crisco stick

2 eggs 1/2 cup syrup

1 teaspoon vanilla 3 cups of flour

3/4 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

mix sugar and shorting then mix in all wet ingrediants, combine all dry ingrediants and gradually add to wet mixture at low divide into 4 ball and refriderate 1 hour bake @ 375 for 5 to 9 min

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.