Should we bail out the Automakers? ?

I find it interesting that the Detroit "big 3" seem to think that not making more energy efficient cars is the cause of their current crisis.... Is that the real problem or is it it that they have been producing a product that is inferior to that of foreign automakers for the last 25-30 years.

I would prefer that these companies are allowed to go bankrupt and restructure, just like the airlines. The money earmarked to "bail them out" could be much better used to support the families of laid off workers for a set period of time so that they may find training, education and obtain a new career. What do you think?

Favorite Answer

No. We don't need to bail out irresponsible behavior. There is no way I can figure out how that's going to solve the problem. You're giving short-term help but not solving anything. What's to stop the auto companies from messing up again?

"Gee, I made a mistake! Give me money!"? Are you serious? That's not how life works. You don't get rewarded for messing up! If you made a mistake, you need to learn from it and don't do it again. The solution to mistakes is knowledge and accountability, it has nothing to do with money or bail outs.

Source(s): enough knowledge to know that mistakes aren't meant to be rewarded

If the american people wanted to bail out the big three they would buy one of their stinking cars. And when the warranty runs out, good luck.

No.

The Automakers as they are currently structured will eventually fo bankrupt.

A bailout merely postpones the inevitable and will cost us billions of dollars that we cannot afford.

.