POLL: what hurts more physical pain or emotional pain?

why................?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

emotional pain, because it can linger longer.

• 1 decade ago

Physical pain hurts you differently than emotional pain.

I've never really suffered that much intense physical pain but I have become very experienced with emotional pain. My chest begins to ache and it literally feels like my heart is breaking inside me.

So, I'm going to have to go with emotional pain. Some people can visualize something else and ignore physical pain, but emotional pain is inside your head and you can't escape.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sometimes, emotional pain. This is why people (often men) punch holes in the wall, or indulge in self-mutalation. There are aboriginal customs of lopping off a finger, etc, when in mourning. It's almost like we try to equalize or balance the internal hurt by physical pain. And I suppose it's realitive, too. A divorce hurts worse than a broken toe, but being eviserated alive is very likely worse than being divorced.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Emotional. I can deal with physical pain.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Rabbit
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

physical, but i only say that because i have experienced some very physically painful things and barely any emotional. but its true that emotional stays there for ages, like a tiny ache, which is forever, whereas physical is like a dagger that only lasts a little while. so i guess emotional. but physical is actually more PAINFUL, like actual pain. emotional is like feelings...baaaah im rambling. i hope you get what i mean :)

• 1 decade ago

Emotion.

Because i kind of enjoy physical pain.

• bc-
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Easy ; emotional, it can afffect you for the rest of your life whereas most physical illnesses can be helped or you die, so there is no more pain, only for the poeple who knew you who will never get over it ; and were back to emotional again.

• 1 decade ago

Emotional pain because it sticks around longer and no pain medicine can help it

• 1 decade ago

emotional pain. Sometimes it never heals. They have amazing pain killers for physical pain!

• Paul
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Emotional pain....because when you have enough of it you dont even care about the physical pain (that why some people commit suicide)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

emotional pain hurts more cause it has a much more deeper effect on ANYBODY than physical pain

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.