After a bottle of soda is opened, should we put it in the fridge or leave it out in room temp?

what i am asking is...what way keeps the soda fresher...?

• Favorite Answer

Soda doesn't really spoil. It's all sugar & chemicals. I assume you mean to keep it from going flat? It doesn't matter if it's refrigerated or not. Just make sure you screw the cap back on as tight as possible every time you open the bottle, and only leave the bottle open for as long as it takes to pour your drink. Air is what causes it to go flat, not temperature. Whether you refrigerate it or not is just a matter of personal preference. Some people like it cold with no ice, so they keep it in the fridge, some don't have room in their fridge, so they keep it out, et cetera.

• Most folks keep it in the fridge because they like their sodas cold.

I prefer mine at room temperature. We leave our bottles of soda in the pantry, whether or not they have been opened.

Even if you open a can of soda at 10 pm, drink part of it and leave in opened on your nightstand till you get up the next day no later than 11 am. The soda will still contain the carbonation. I do this all the time.

I've always found that soda kept in the fridge keeps its carbonation longer. I could not tell you why.

• Paul

Turn the bottle so the fluid covers the opeining so the *gas* cannot escape...fridge or out in the open..but shut the opening airtight or it will leak

Just to be on the safe side, I keep my hot sauce in the refrigerator. And because the label says to refrigerate after opening and shake well before using.

Yeah sounds good to close as tight as possible, then store in it the fridge, make sure you don't shake it around, and such will make it fizz then loose its carbonation faster

I think cold keep helps the carbonation last longer, but air will make it dissapate. If the bottle is plastic, squeeze the air out!

its the fridge cuz in room temp

the drink would just taste BLAH

fridge but put a cover over it so the bubbles wills stay in

Yes, frig it up and remove some air out of it if its plastic. Helps last a little longer.