HP Pavilion dv6500, is it a scam?

Hi i think my dad may have been scammed when he bought my laptop, My laptop says its a HP Pavilion DV6500 Notebook PC,with a:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55 1.80GHZ

RAM: 895MB

System Type: 32-bit Operating system

Graphics: Nvidia nForce 560

141GB HardDrive

but when i look at the same model specs on the internet its not the same, could someone explain to me whats going on? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

The following example numbering is ficticious, it just serves to illustrate the techniques stores use.

Model numbers are different depending on the retailer ( For example: Best Buy has DV6501a and Staples has DV6503c for the same model).

This is done so you can't compare and ask for the famous price guaranty from those vendors because they will tell you it's not the same model number.

It happened to me a couple of times. Frustrating !!!

Is it a scam ? You have to ask the Better Business Bureau !

Hope this guides you a bit

QD 1956

Source(s): My own experience
  • heims

Create restoration discs if no longer performed so already.(below courses). One attainable reason is by using the fact tensecontinual went undesirable or going undesirable. so which you may desire to returned up your records extra in lots of cases. Then it may desire to be that abode windows is updating. whilst abode windows replace, laptop slows down lots. So visit abode windows replace, do all the abode windows replace manually till you notice not extra record on them(think approximately to restart the laptop 3-4 cases in the previous you notice not extra record). Then enable the anti-virus software to replace. then you relatively could desire to disable the factor bar(with analog clock, do no longer enable it initiate on the initiating-up). Disable the abode windows welcome exhibit. Disable the HP device maintainence(do no longer enable them to start on the initiate). the various courses will eat the laptop supplies lots, so by utilising disabling them, you're extending the existence of the laptop because of the fact it stops scanning the tensecontinual continuously now.

its not. all laptops from the dv6500 series are like that. if u got somthing like a 6520, then the thing on the laptop should say 6500.

Where did he buy it from?

If it was from a retail....print out the REAL specs and take it back to the store and demand something, as this is false advertisement or a simple mistake.