Christians ..some one hasn't been reading their bibles ..Does this bother you ?

an interview with Assist News Service Rhodes quotes a recent poll, which indicates that 35% of born-again Christians do not read the Bible at all. In addition, Rhodes indicates that among those who say they read the Bible, the vast majority only read it during the one hour they attend church each Sunday morning. Rhodes says such statistics make it more than obvious why many Christians are easy prey for spiritual deception. The level of biblical illiteracy among Christians may be one reason why many believers hesitate to stand for Godly values on Recent studies by The Barna Group and the Gallup Organization conclude that any reasonable understanding of biblical facts and truths is seriously lacking among Americans. Today, basic Christian truths are virtually unknown to a majority in this nation.

“American Christians are biblically illiterate. Although most of them contend that the Bible contains truth and is worth knowing, and most of them argue that they know all of the relevant truths and principles, our research shows otherwise. And the trend line is frightening: the younger a person is, the less they understand about the Christian faith.” —Barna

the public scene. (Assist News Service / Agape Press, 25/26

December),,,In terms of frequency of readership, 16% of Americans say that they read the Bible every day, 21% say they read it weekly, 12% say they read the Bible monthly, 10% say less than monthly and 41% say that they rarely or never read the Bible.

Best Answer

This is horrible! And even without having heard of these polls I know that a large amount of people hardly touch their Bible at all, except when they warm the pews on Sunday. Many people unfortunately allow different things in the world; family, work, entertainment, travel, etc. to draw them away from the Lord. We all need to encourage our friends, family, and those we go to church with to draw closer to the Lord. For as we know, "Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God" Romans 10:17 and "No one can please God without faith, for whoever comes to God must have faith that God exists and rewards those who seek him."

This is very sad. Illiteracy is terrible. Someone who has little or no understanding of the bible, let alone how to read it, has little or no chance to defend it and apply its teachings. People should be reading the bible every day. God's word is the most important book. Personally, I've read the entire new testament, and I am currently reading the old testament. I've made my way to Judges.

As a Christian I agree with this study , And yes it is correct. Bible illiteracy is a huge problem in the Christian ranks today and very sad. I myself am guilty of not reading the bible as much as I should.

yes, as a Christian this bothers me. People buy so many books by celebrity preachers or writers, who are talking ABOUT the Bible but we don't actually read our Bibles.

And since the previous generation didn't value instilling in their children a foundation of solid doctrine, a lot of kids my age - the minute they get to secular schools and have to defend what they believe they are completely blown away because they don't even know what they believe.

But that includes the liberal "churches." The percentage of actual Christians who read their Bibles is much higher. All of my Pentecostal freinds study the Bible.

One should expect that the "churches" that ordain homosexual ministers do not read the Bible because they reject a large part of it.

• tavraj

Being a Christian does not entail you alter right into a sissy or an entire doormat. study the 2d financial ruin of Exodus and learn 2 incidents appropriate to Moses. One wherein Moses killed a guy for beating an Israelite, and the different the place he drove away the sheperds who have been harassing the girls human beings attempting to allure to water from the nicely. yet another occasion is King David, a organic born warrior. remember Peter attempting to preserve Jesus whilst he became arrested? the adult men of scripture weren't effeminate creampuffs, they have been adult men. They weren't continually good, they did no longer continually act sensibly, yet they have been flesh and blood adult men, and that they have got been human. whilst Jesus advised his disciples to instruct the different cheek, he meant to no longer unexpectedly respond aggressively everytime somebody scoffs you, or wrongs you. It means no longer fixing each subject, or responding to each enemy using aggression or violence. in case you are able to stroll faraway from a combat, then by way of all means the Christian situation to do is to stroll away. yet whilst somebody is inflicting you never-ending misery, beating on you, and could no longer go away you on my own, then you certainly will ought to combat. Hit him as stressful as you are able to and don't hesitate. combat him. you are able to take a licking, besides the incontrovertible fact that it won't kill you, and he will stop using you as a slave. God does not assume you to placed up with this brother.

Yes it shows in some of the answers here. Supposed "Christians" spouting some thing they heard once before, but have no clue where or if, it is even in the bible...

This is free will at work . If your choice is to not read, then he or she must be happy with what has been learned thus far in his or her life.

You only seek if you are lacking or in need of knowledge.

Yes. It bothers me, and it explains a lot as far as what is wrong with this country.