Demyx
Demyx asked in Games & RecreationCard Games · 1 decade ago

Possible Yugioh 2009 Banlist wat u think?

Hey guys im just here to post what i think the next ban-list should be i will gladly except Criticism so dont be shy =)

Here it is:

I. Forbidden Cards

You cannot use these cards in your Deck, Extra Deck or Side Deck.

BLACK LUSTER SOLDIER - ENVOY OF THE BEGINNING

BUTTERFLY DAGGER - ELMA

CHANGE OF HEART

CHAOS EMPEROR DRAGON - ENVOY OF THE END

CHAOS SORCERER

CONFISCATION

CRUSH CARD VIRUS

CYBER JAR

CYBER-STEIN

DARK ARMED DRAGON

DARK HOLE

DARK MAGICIAN OF CHAOS

DELINQUENT DUO

DESTINY HERO - DISK COMMANDER

DIMENSION FUSION

EXCHANGE OF THE SPIRIT

FIBER JAR

GLADIATOR BEAST GYZARUZ

GRACEFUL CHARITY

HARPIE'S FEATHER DUSTER

IMPERIAL ORDER

LAST TURN

LAST WILL

MAGICAL SCIENTIST

MAGICIAN OF FAITH

MAKYURA THE DESTRUCTOR

METAMORPHOSIS

MIRAGE OF NIGHTMARE

MONSTER REBORN

PAINFUL CHOICE

POT OF GREED

PREMATURE BURIAL

RAIGEKI

RING OF DESTRUCTION

SINISTER SERPENT

SNATCH STEAL

THE FORCEFUL SENTRY

THOUSAND-EYES RESTRICT

TIME SEAL

TRIBE-INFECTING VIRUS

TSUKUYOMI

VICTORY DRAGON

WITCH OF THE BLACK FOREST

YATA-GARASU

NEW! - Monster Reborn, Dark Armed Dragon, Crush Card Virus, Gladiator Beast Gyzarus

II. Limited Cards

You can ONLY use one of the following cards in the Deck, Extra Deck & Side Deck combined.

D. D. WARRIOR LADY

ADVANCED RITUAL ART

BRAIN CONTROL

BREAKER THE MAGICAL WARRIOR

CALL OF THE HAUNTED

CARD DESTRUCTION

CARD TROOPER

CEASEFIRE

CYBER DRAGON

ELEMENTAL HERO STRATOS

EXODIA THE FORBIDDEN ONE

FISSURE

FUTURE FUSION

GIANT TRUNADE

GOLD SARCOPHAGUS

GORZ, EMISSARY OF DARKNESS

GRAVITY BIND

GREEN BABOON, DEFENDER OF THE FOREST

HEAVY STORM

JUDGMENT DRAGON

LEFT ARM OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE

LEFT LEG OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE

LEVEL LIMIT - AREA B

LIMITER REMOVAL

MAGIC CYLINDER

MARSHMALLON

MEGAMORPH

MIND CRUSH

MIRROR FORCE

MONSTER GATE

MORPHING JAR

MYSTICAL SPACE TYPHOON

NEO-SPACIAN GRAND MOLE

NIGHT ASSAILANT

OJAMA TRIO

OVERLOAD FUSION

RAIZA THE STORM MONARCH

REASONING

RETURN FROM THE DIFFERENT DIMENSION

RIGHT ARM OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE

RIGHT LEG OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE

SANGAN

SCAPEGOAT

SMASHING GROUND

SNIPE HUNTER

SPIRIT REAPER

SWORDS OF REVEALING LIGHT

THE TRANSMIGRATION PROPHECY

TORRENTIAL TRIBUTE

TRAP DUSTSHOOT

TREEBORN FROG

TWIN-HEADED BEHEMOTH

ULTIMATE OFFERING

UNITED WE STAND

WALL OF REVEALING LIGHT

NEW! - Call Of The Haunted, Judgment Dragon

III. Semi-Limited Cards

You can ONLY use two of the following cards in the Deck, Extra Deck & Side Deck combined.

ALLURE OF DARKNESS

BOOK OF MOON

CARD OF SAFE RETURN

CHAIN STRIKE

DESTINY HERO - MALICIOUS

MANTICORE OF DARKNESS

MASK OF DARKNESS

NECROFACE

NOBLEMAN OF CROSSOUT

RESCUE CAT

STARDUST DRAGON

NEW! - Allure Of Darkness, Destiny Hero - Malicious, Stardust Dragon

NO LONGER LIMITED - Foolish Burial, Magical Stone Excavation, Phantom Of Chaos

If you have any questions or problems with the list Message me on Yahoo Messenger : bbanync

The reason for Raigeki and Painful Choice were released in the Walmart exclusive pack is because it was meant to give people the opertunity to get the old rare cards that were difficult to get no real reason behind it.

(for colectors mainly)

Favorite Answer

Crush card virus is a possiblilty for getting banned, but i find it unlikely becasue its common in japan (america is trying ot keep its banned list to be like japans).

Monster reborn is a possibily, i was suprised it got taken off the banned list.

DaD isnt going to be banned, i can see it down to 1 tho. Its summoning conditions make it pretty hard to get out end game unless you are being real careful.

G.B. gyzarus isnt powerful enough to get banned. its annoying, but thats it.

call of the haunted makes sense only if they ban monster reborn( its considered a free summon and can "throw off the the balance of the game")

Jd i dont think will get put down to 1 because lightsworn decks are going past there prime. But then again its not something i would be suprised about if it did happen.

They owuldn't make allure of darkness, malicious and stardust dragon semi limited. Allure and malicious just got off the list, and stardust jsut isnt powerful enough (if it was considered overpowered, then they would just ban it)

All around not bad, it was a great job :D

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really excited about Baboon going to 2 and Manticore going to 3. My Beast deck just got so much better now. Now with the release of Rallis the Star Bird, I believe this deck can become a top deck to contend with. With Synchro materials like Jutte Warrior and Shiba-Warrior Taro, the Banned List didn't hurt this deck one bit. The only thing that hurt it just slightly was the Limiting of Card of Safe Return, which really isn't a big deal. I'm also really excited about Raiza going to 2 now as I am a huge Monarch freak. lol. I'll have to figure out how to make a new Monarch deck now that Teleport got Limited as it was a huge staple in my Tele-Monarch deck. This is where Dandylion and the newly Unlimited Twin-Headed Behemoth become viable options in a Monarch deck again. I am angry about Goyo getting Limited for no good reason. If any Synchro deserved to get Limited, then it was Stardust Dragon. I'm also kind of ticked about RotA going down to 1. It just got Unlimited and now we gotta get used to it going back to 1. Ah well, I never really used it anyway. That does mean I kind of have to scrap my Macro Monarch build I planned on making as RotA was a going to be a huge part of it. My Zombie deck is shot now too. You can't run Zombies successfully with only 1 Mezuki and 1 Plaguespreader and only 2 Goblin Zombies. Ah well. It's all good to me. Thanks for the info.

In my opinion 2 cards to look out for are RAIGEKI and PAINFUL CHOICE since they were released in the new packs again I think they will be limited to 1. PAINFUL CHOICE is a long shot but RAIGEKI could happen

LoL.....good question!!

Some interesting thoughts and replies.......lets hope they do ban CCV....its a little excessive......in both power and price. Ban GBG too....my mate smashes me with him too often....haha.

Maybe they should ban/limit Solemn Judgment too???

Its becoming a 2/3 card regular in any type of professional deck.......surely that cant be good for the game??

Are you kidding me? I have like 5 of those "banned" cards in my deck, and nobody has even noticed. Grr.

Lightning Vortex SHOULD be at least Semi-Limited, too.