Question about which SUV is best?

Mercury Mariner Hybrid

Dodge Nitro SXT

Dodge Caliber SE

Which one do you think is the best SUV? It's for my husband.

It's got to be a Ford-Mercury or Dodge make.

I love the Patriot but I really liked the Wrangler Unlimited. Its so masculine and really looks like it would be a fun Jeep to drive. But the Patriot will have to win because its more of a family vehicle. Thanks! I really like your idea about the Patriot so cool!

Favorite Answer

if you want an SUV and you are looking at the Dodge Caliber which isn't any SUV it's a Sub Compact built on a SUV frame (I own one myself)

Look at the Jeep Patriot it's built on the same platform as the Caliber and Compass and is a SUV

I'm pretty sure it's cheaper then the Nitro and DEFIANTLY cheaper then the Hybrid but and gets better gas mileage then the Nitro not sure on the Hybrid

If I were you I would seriously consider the Jeep Patriot it looks like a Cherokee but gets gas mileage like the Caliber

But if you are dead set on these three if you can afford it I'd go with the Dodge Nitro SXT - you will get a lifetime power train warranty and won't have to replace a 5,000 dollar battery like in the hybrid

Now the Caliber is nice I own a 2008 SE Plus Packaged one and I got a great deal on it but the Nitro is bigger and that is just more room

Also if money is no option check out the Durango or Aspen can't go wrong there

• Evgeni

The Caliber isn't an SUV

The Dodge Nitro is just a lame design that you usually see from Chrysler

The Mariner Hybrid is good vehicle, but not great. If has to be a Ford or Chrysler, get the regular gasoline Mercury Mariner. The Mariner is pretty nice, good on gas, easy to drive and has the best design of any small domestic SUV or CUV.

• C7S

The Mercury because it uses Japanese Mazda technology.